Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2024, 10:58 AM

4,426 posts, read 3,208,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Please tell us more.
What do you want to know? Open 4-8 M-Th, 12-9 Fri -Sat, 12- 6 Sun. I think they and Moniker are the only RI breweries open daily. Nice smallish, brick interior, they have tvs, outside patio.

Old 04-26-2024, 11:02 AM

23,673 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
What do you want to know? Open 4-8 M-Th, 12-9 Fri -Sat, 12- 6 Sun. I think they and Moniker are the only RI breweries open daily. Nice smallish, brick interior, they have tvs, outside patio.

LRFOX recommended it as a place worth checking out. I would like to hear his opinion as to why, or what his experience is there.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:53 PM

5,243 posts, read 6,167,545 times
Quote:
Linesider is actually way down my list but I haven't been there in a few years and some people tell me they're better now.

You might also want to check out Buttonwoods in another month or so. They're moving into a much larger space (the old Revival spot) on Sims. It's next door to the Farm Fresh site, where New Harvest, Tallulah's, Providence Brewing, winter Farmers' Market and Winter Flea are. And across the street from ISCO and the Steelyard, so there's often a lot going on around there!

Yes, Long Live has food trucks most days. If you love IPAs you'll love them. They make amazing pastry stouts too. Origin Beer Project doesn't have food trucks but they're across the street from Moniker, which does and next to Slow Rhode & Y Noodle, also very close to There, There.

Origin is small but that means you're being served by the owners/brewers and they can answer any questions. They've been killing the pale Ales lately, and they do a lot of low ABV or N/A options. They offer some of the more creative options you'll find in RI.

Proclamation and Tilted Barn round out my list for best beer. If you're in Westerly, Grey Sail has a pretty unique taproom set up in a Victorian house, with outside bocce courts, picnic tables and pizza oven. Shaidzon has an outside beer garden and has a lot of bands. Pivotal in Bristol seems to also feature music a lot. And Apponaug Brewing has a really beautiful location on the Pawtuxet with good food and rather average beer.
Thanks for all the recommendations definitely going to have to try some of these out in the Warwick area along with Long Live and Narragansett

Old 04-26-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
LRFOX recommended it as a place worth checking out. I would like to hear his opinion as to why, or what his experience is there.
You can always check out TripAdvisor and look at all the reviews on there You always disagree with all our opinions and maybe you would be better off there

Old 04-26-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Moderator we might as well rename this the RI brewery thread.
You have turned the Rhode Island tourism thread into a West Warwick crime thread. Why aren't you worried about that thread title?

Old 04-26-2024, 01:34 PM

4,426 posts, read 3,208,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
You have turned the Rhode Island tourism thread into a West Warwick crime thread. Why aren't you worried about that thread title?
He wasn't at all concerned when redplum changed this "parody" thread to a crime thread either

Old 04-26-2024, 02:11 PM

Quote:
He wasn't at all concerned when redplum changed this "parody" thread to a crime thread either
We REALLY do need a serperate Rhode Island crime thread. I have never seen a state forum with this many crime threads or daily crime reporting. Especially when they duplicate each others crime posts.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:19 PM

12,907 posts, read 22,068,557 times
Quote:
Linesider is actually way down my list but I haven't been there in a few years and some people tell me they're better now.

You might also want to check out Buttonwoods in another month or so. They're moving into a much larger space (the old Revival spot) on Sims. It's next door to the Farm Fresh site, where New Harvest, Tallulah's, Providence Brewing, winter Farmers' Market and Winter Flea are. And across the street from ISCO and the Steelyard, so there's often a lot going on around there!

Yes, Long Live has food trucks most days. If you love IPAs you'll love them. They make amazing pastry stouts too. Origin Beer Project doesn't have food trucks but they're across the street from Moniker, which does and next to Slow Rhode & Y Noodle, also very close to There, There.

Origin is small but that means you're being served by the owners/brewers and they can answer any questions. They've been killing the pale Ales lately, and they do a lot of low ABV or N/A options. They offer some of the more creative options you'll find in RI.

Proclamation and Tilted Barn round out my list for best beer. If you're in Westerly, Grey Sail has a pretty unique taproom set up in a Victorian house, with outside bocce courts, picnic tables and pizza oven. Shaidzon has an outside beer garden and has a lot of bands. Pivotal in Bristol seems to also feature music a lot. And Apponaug Brewing has a really beautiful location on the Pawtuxet with good food and rather average beer.
Great breakdown. I've been to Linesider once and didn't feel the urge to return. It was just average in almost everywhere (fairly generic beer, fairly generic brewery look/feel). That was a few years ago, so I'd give it another chance.

I didn't realize that that's where Buttonwoods was moving. I know they weren't thrilled to be moving from the current location, but I think they may end up with more foot traffic and visibility at the old Revival spot. They brew good beer.

The owners at Origin are super friendly and great to talk to. I love what they've done with the tiny space (which is so much nicer than it was when it was Long Live and Beer on Earth). Even the coasters are hand crocheted by one of the owners. They make some of the best pale ales I've had, period.

Pivotal in Bristol is a really nice space. It's massive inside and they have both a front and back patio. That whole renovated mill complex is beautiful. The beer is decent, but it's not going to blow you away. We usually combine it with a trip to Ragged Island which is gorgeous, massive (3 levels inside and a huge outdoor space).

I haven't been to Proc in forever. To be honest, I never think of it and I don't know why because I really like the beer. This is a reminder to get back there.

Lops is really nice in the fall and winter if you're into seasonal beers. They did a bunch of pumpkin varieties last year that my wife was excited about and I actually enjoyed (it's usually not my style). They usually do some nice spiced winter stouts and other dark beers too. The space is fairly small (there's a small, but pleasant patio out back for nicer weather), but the people are super friendly. Each time we've been, the bar has been full of regulars. The beer probably won't knock your socks off, but it's a good atmosphere and a nice counter to the bigger, more popular breweries elsewhere in the state.

Old 04-26-2024, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Great breakdown. I've been to Linesider once and didn't feel the urge to return. It was just average in almost everywhere (fairly generic beer, fairly generic brewery look/feel). That was a few years ago, so I'd give it another chance.

I didn't realize that that's where Buttonwoods was moving. I know they weren't thrilled to be moving from the current location, but I think they may end up with more foot traffic and visibility at the old Revival spot. They brew good beer.

The owners at Origin are super friendly and great to talk to. I love what they've done with the tiny space (which is so much nicer than it was when it was Long Live and Beer on Earth). Even the coasters are hand crocheted by one of the owners. They make some of the best pale ales I've had, period.

Pivotal in Bristol is a really nice space. It's massive inside and they have both a front and back patio. That whole renovated mill complex is beautiful. The beer is decent, but it's not going to blow you away. We usually combine it with a trip to Ragged Island which is gorgeous, massive (3 levels inside and a huge outdoor space).

I haven't been to Proc in forever. To be honest, I never think of it and I don't know why because I really like the beer. This is a reminder to get back there.

Lops is really nice in the fall and winter if you're into seasonal beers. They did a bunch of pumpkin varieties last year that my wife was excited about and I actually enjoyed (it's usually not my style). They usually do some nice spiced winter stouts and other dark beers too. The space is fairly small (there's a small, but pleasant patio out back for nicer weather), but the people are super friendly. Each time we've been, the bar has been full of regulars. The beer probably won't knock your socks off, but it's a good atmosphere and a nice counter to the bigger, more popular breweries elsewhere in the state.
Linesider hasn’t changed much but it is always convenient for us as far as location. I definitely want to try some of the locations mentioned here. Pretty cool that there is an Apponaug Tap room.

We have a pretty popular tap room here on Amelia and they brew onsite but is seems seasonal brews isn’t something they do down here.

Old 04-26-2024, 03:22 PM

23,673 posts, read 18,782,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
You can always check out TripAdvisor and look at all the reviews on there You always disagree with all our opinions and maybe you would be better off there

Asking lrfox because he clearly knows his way around the local breweries. He said Lops is worth the trip and I'm curious to know (with all the other breweries around), what in particular makes that place worth going to Woonsocket for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island