Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:17 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,869,979 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relatively new to Richmond, and we haven't gotten a doctor or a dentist yet. Seems that the best way to find a good doctor and dentist is by word of mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions on either or both? We're hoping to to find one that gets us in pretty close to on-time and listens to his/her patient's concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 04:42 PM

1,799 posts, read 6,314,745 times
If you want some of the best care around, see if you can sign up with Dr. Stuart Solan. What part of town are you looking for doctor's/dentist's in?

Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM

Pretty much any part of town is ok for me. I don't go to the doctor too much, so I'm willing to drive if he's good. Where is Dr. Solan located? Thanks for the info!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 PM

Here's the firm... ::: PartnerMD - Your doctor is in ::: (http://www.partnermd.com/default.aspx - broken link)

from his bio:
"Voted "Best Family Physician in Richmond" for 1998, 2000 and 2004 in a poll by Richmond Magazine, Dr. Stuart Solan has now joined PartnerMD® to continue a remarkable career in medicine.

Dr. Solan has held various leadership positions in the Virginia Academy of Family Physicians since 1985, including president in 1993-94. He has served as a Assistant Clinical Professor of Family Practice at the Medical College of Virginia since since 1982, and Associate Clinical Professor of Family Practice since 2000. He has consulting privileges at both the Henrico Doctor's Hospital and St. Mary's Hospital in Richmond.

After receiving a B.A. in Psychology in 1973 from West Virginia University, Dr. Solan earned his M.D. from the Medical College of Virginia in 1977. He completed his residency in Family Practice at Riverside Hospital in Newport News, Va., serving as Chief Resident from 1979 to 1980.

Dr. Solan is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and certified by the American Board of Family Practice. He has served on many important boards, including the Trigon Blue Cross/Blue Shield Managed Care Advisory Panel for Virginia. Dr. Solan says he loves family practice because he gets to "take care of a little bit of everything." Two of several focal points of his practice are depression and anxiety disorders.

Dr. Solan lives in Richmond with his wife Carol and they have two grown children. "

It's sort of a special practice and might cost more, but if you want top notch care, doctors with 85% less patients (on purpose) and appointments at least 30 minutes long guaranteed...

Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,796,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJNEOA View Post
My wife and I are relatively new to Richmond, and we haven't gotten a doctor or a dentist yet. Seems that the best way to find a good doctor and dentist is by word of mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions on either or both? We're hoping to to find one that gets us in pretty close to on-time and listens to his/her patient's concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.
Where do you live in Richmond? If you're in the Fan or Museum District I recommend Dr. Paul Norgard on Grove Ave.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Wow, Dr. Solan sounds like a great doctor. My wife and I had a fantastic doctor back in Rochester, NY, so having a doctor that gives you the time of day when we do go is important. Thanks for the information!

My wife and I currently live in the fan. She's a research professor at MCV, so she may be interested in looking up Dr. Norgard due to convenience.

Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:17 PM

2,124 posts, read 8,840,120 times
for a dentist, there is only one: Dr. Stenger. He is located over by chipenham hospital. Absolutely the best dentist ever!! and i am afraid to go to the dentist : ) He took care of me very well. I am now in Virginia Beach, have tried a couple of dentists and am not very happy, and am considering just going back up to Dr. Stenger.

Shelly

Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Ahh! I used to go to the same dental practice... Very good and the new office is amazing! I thought Dr. Cole did a good job...he's the younger guy in the practice.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,840,120 times
I met Dr. Cole they day he started. LOL very funny story, but I was under anesthetic and, apparently, singing!!

shelly

Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 AM

14 posts, read 51,336 times
Default best dentist ever --- and I am a big chicken :)

Dr. Jeff Friend--but you can just call him Jeff.

Jeffrey K. Friend, DDS | General and cosmetic dentistry in Richmond, VA

He's the best. I HATE dentists and am terrified of them. He's been very patient with me and his staff is awesome. I now have braces at 35 (from a great orthodontist Dr. Dale Rogers at Baxter Perkinson & Associates) and my teeth look and feel better than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond