Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,064 times

Advertisements

We're new to house-living in VA and the billions of leaves all over our lawn is new to us. (Missing living in an apt. about now. )

Anyhow, do I arrange for leaf pick-up and getting those black bags. Dh has been throwing the leaves into our trash can which means we don't have any room left for. . . trash.

Any help is very appreciated!

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM

803 posts, read 1,879,385 times
hi, i would call the sanitation company that picks up your garbage, usually they set a limit as to how many bag of leaves they can pick up at a time.. some companies limit 4 bags of leaves per pick up some wont even pick up...or call the county because they may have a seperate service dedicated to that.

good luck!!

i know in massachusetts, where im from, they would have trucks with giant vacuums who park in front of your house and vacuum the huge piles of leaves u just raked up.. that was so cool to see!! i dont know if they have that here in richmond though.. may have to check out the yellowpages!!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:52 AM

244 posts, read 390,423 times
Burn em, and I would wait till they are done falling off the trees before bothering to try and keep up with raking em...

Old 11-02-2012, 03:45 PM

418 posts, read 1,048,925 times
This has the schedule for bagged pickup for Henrico County. Leaf Collection Schedule

You can also arrange for them to be vacuumed from the gutters but there is a fee for that.

Our trash service takes leaves but only 5 bags/week in addition to the regular trash.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:08 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
We're new to house-living in VA and the billions of leaves all over our lawn is new to us. (Missing living in an apt. about now. )

Anyhow, do I arrange for leaf pick-up and getting those black bags. Dh has been throwing the leaves into our trash can which means we don't have any room left for. . . trash.

Alley
You buy the bags at a store.....

Old 11-05-2012, 01:11 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You buy the bags at a store.....
Thanks. Actually I was wondering if a trash disposal company delivered -- as a package -- bags plus a pick up a week type of thing.

But I'm good. The above link was helpful.

(Here's two minutes I can't get back.)

A.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,775 times
Bag Em and take them to the dump. henrico doesn't charge for yard waste like leaves.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,422,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post

Alley
The county picks up a couple times over the winter, the schedule is on the public works website. They also offer the vacuuming service for $30. Or you can bag them and bring them to the dump anytime you want for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
i know in massachusetts, where im from, they would have trucks with giant vacuums who park in front of your house and vacuum the huge piles of leaves u just raked up.. that was so cool to see!! i dont know if they have that here in richmond though.. may have to check out the yellowpages!!
Hello fellow bay stater! they sure as hell didn't do that in West Roxbury!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post
Burn em, and I would wait till they are done falling off the trees before bothering to try and keep up with raking em...
Can't burn in Henrico, with VERY few exceptions.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 AM

803 posts, read 1,879,385 times
hello snatale1!! im from springfield but moved away when i was like 5 or something. i still remember those giant trucks with the giant tube parked outside my grandmas house taking away all her leaves!! the things that amaze u when ure a kid!! lol

Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
http://www.co.henrico.va.us/fire/pdf...desresid08.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond