Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area
 [Register]
Roanoke area Roanoke - Salem area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 06:42 AM

55 posts, read 198,773 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone:

I have been doing research for sometime now on where I would want to relocate in the USA, and I've decided to do some more research in the state of Virginia. I am now looking to maybe relocate to the Roanoke area of Virginia. It will be about 4+ years until we decide to make the move to over that way. When we first move out there, I most likely will be renting an apartment/house and then hope to buy. When it comes to possibly buying a house, I am looking at buying a house in the Melrose-rugby neighborhood since it looks nice according to google and bing maps. Another thing that is also important to us is good medical facilities since my girlfriend suffers from asthma as well. I would also like to know if there are any good theological schools in the area too? What sorts of other fun activities are there to do overthere as well? I've also noticed too that it appears that Roanoke has a Personal Property Tax? Something that we don't seem to have in MI which is where I will be relocating from. Also how are the schools overthere as well in the neighborhood I would consider living in? How bad is unemployment overthere? I am looking to get into an IT related field as well. Also, are there good colleges as well? All in all, it seems like a really nice area from what I've seen and that it seems like there's a few things to do there as well. Let me know what you all think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 12:54 AM

4 posts, read 3,999 times
Looking at a beautiful vintage home in melrose-rugby neighborhood. Trying to find more statistics for the area.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:27 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,231,429 times
What kind of theological schools are you looking for? Are you looking to get a D. Min. from an accredited school? Or are you looking for a school where the only accreditation it needs is "from God"? There are many theological schools in Virginia, but none come to mind in Roanoke. Liberty University is in Lynchburg. Looking online, it says the drive time right now is one hour and eight minutes.
Liberty University School of Divinity

The personal property tax for most individuals is only on their cars. It's not that much unless you live in a jurisdiction with a high tax rate and drive new, expensive cars.

Good luck.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:31 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,231,429 times
A fairly recent article on the Melrose-Rugby neighborhood:

Melrose-Rugby forum a neighborly presence for 25 years - Roanoke Times: Roanoke News

And the forum: Melrose-Rugby Neighborhood Forum, Inc. | Roanoke, VA

The neighborhood's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Melro...51401524901060

Info about the Historic District: http://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/13000645.htm

Last edited by TN Lily; 01-15-2016 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: add info

Old 02-17-2016, 10:36 PM

6 posts, read 7,447 times
What kind of statistics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Roanoke area