Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,713 times

Advertisements

What in god's name is wrong with Utah cops and there brutal actions against the people of Utah?

I think the cops here are cowards and bully's and think they can get away with it because of the passive nature of most Utah citizens.

Take a look at this news report that was reported today, I don't care if the victim was drunk or not.
The criminal cop lies to his captain and paramedics to try to cover his butt but his own camera tells the real truth.

I really hate it here now and can't wait to get the heck out of Utah and NEVER return.

ksl.com - Millard County man accuses deputy of brutality, says video proves it

Old 10-18-2008, 10:41 PM

550 posts, read 2,168,796 times
I think that you shouldn't make generalizations about the cops here just because of a couple of incidents. Most of the cops I've dealt with treated me with respect and dignity; just because a few cops on the force act beyond their bounds doesn't mean every cop in Utah does.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:46 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,197 times
Yes! Just like there are some incidents of teachers abusing their students doesn't mean that EVERY teacher does that. Most teachers are kind, hardworking, decent people who love what they do.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
funny how you and i can watch a video and see 2 different events.
cops anywhere are not bullies. our streets have gotten very very mean in the last 40 years.
mr rogers does not work. however i watched the video. the cop made a mistake -- he arrested a dwi
who says he was not able to stand. not so. mr dwi was resisting arrest and being difficult. the officer threw him to the ground.
a lil rough, but he did not hit him. i have seen officers stabbed to death attempting ot do the same procedure in a gentle non threatening manner.
it is so easy to pass judgement.
please note i have found out thru time and other posters that there are many felons on CDF that post on police brutality. they have no special love for cops.
as a society we will pay a heavy price for backing the cops into a corner. for any PD much easier to fire and jail a cop than fight a law suit.
never tie up a guard dog.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 10-18-2008 at 11:03 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 10:52 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Yes! Just like there are some incidents of teachers abusing their students doesn't mean that EVERY teacher does that. Most teachers are kind, hardworking, decent people who love what they do.
Unfortunately, a few bad apples (cops) destroy the dedication , hard work and reputation of the majority..Hopefully justice will find them on the other side of the jail bars someday, or at least terminated as a cop...

Old 10-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Everyone who does wrong deserves the other side of the jail bars. I abhor it when I hear about people in authoritive positions taking advantage of it, regardless of the profession.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Everyone who does wrong deserves the other side of the jail bars. I abhor it when I hear about people in authoritive positions taking advantage of it, regardless of the profession.
my country is very quick to fire and jail a cop and let a bad guy go free.
we will pay a heavy price for this perverted sense of justice.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 PM

In this country, everyone is innocent until proven guilty (or at least that is the way it should be). I don't care if you are a cop, a teacher, the president, the pope, or joe blow next door, if you have been proven guilty, then off to jail you should go. Of course, this system isn't perfect..Lord knows it isn't perfect.

I believe in karma too. You will get what is coming to you if you have done wrong...some day...some how....*whispering here* OJ Simpson....

Old 10-19-2008, 05:40 AM

423 posts, read 1,532,713 times
It disheartening that some of you practicality condone the criminal action of this so called officer.

Some of you need to take a critical thinking class on your poor discernment of the brutality he committed.

Even after this incident accrued to turd cop was not disciplined by his captain for the vile act but now the tax payers have to suffer the bill in court in a suet.

I for one can't wait to get out of Utah for it's screwed up way of thinking and where no where else in the US that state and church sleep in the same bed.

Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Sure am glad that cops in others states never act this way (can you say Rodney King?). When you find this fantasy land of perfection, provided it is not one where everyone has to agree with you, be sure to tell everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area