Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 10,194 times

Advertisements

TexasRedneck,

We are in no way obligated to live up to any promises by law, we have been following and meeting every legal responsiblity given to us. But we do not want to disturb any one out of respect so we will do what ever we can to avoid that. Like stated before we have gone to great expense to move the stage and bring in a diffrent sound system in hope that it will help the problem. We will always do what we can to help but we have to go about our business and the only way we can do that is to follow all laws and regulations as we have been doing. But anybody is more than welcome to contact me to see if we can assist. MiCasaCantina@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 06:14 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
It sounds like the proprietor is attempting to be a responsible member of the community that he serves, which is more than I can say for many of my other fellow business owners. He deserves a chance and should be given the benefit of the doubt that he is working on the issue.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM

149 posts, read 434,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephKevin View Post
Gigi45,

I can understand your frustration. We have also been working with the Sheriffs Office directly, they have a signed a special enforcement officer to our venue to make sure we comply with all sound regulations and we are happy to work with him so we can do things accordingly and we are doing everything in our power to meet those requirements.

I agree 100% with that fact that you should not be able to hear the music in your house and we will continue to work and find solutions to the problem as much as we can. I understand you will need to continue working with the Sheriff's Office to protect your best interest.

We have one more major concert with Kevin Fowler that we are obligated to host through contract agreements but as of now that is the only major headlining act left booked for the summer, even thought we have many request and the demand for more acts which would generate a lot of business for us. We do not want to upset any body any further and would like to find solutions that can work for every one involved and in the community before we proceed.

We are in no way trying to disturb any one but we understand we may be doing so, so we will continue to adjust the best we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
GiGi - might I suggest contacting him directly? Looks like you finally got someone's attention - take advantage of it! I'm hoping that they'll work w/you directly and maybe even go out to your place to do some testing to evaluate it for themselves. If so, then problem solved. If not, then you can "cleanly" state that they failed to live up to their promises.
Quote:
TexasRedneck,

We are in no way obligated to live up to any promises by law, we have been following and meeting every legal responsiblity given to us. But we do not want to disturb any one out of respect so we will do what ever we can to avoid that. Like stated before we have gone to great expense to move the stage and bring in a diffrent sound system in hope that it will help the problem. We will always do what we can to help but we have to go about our business and the only way we can do that is to follow all laws and regulations as we have been doing. But anybody is more than welcome to contact me to see if we can assist. MiCasaCantina@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
It sounds like the proprietor is attempting to be a responsible member of the community that he serves, which is more than I can say for many of my other fellow business owners. He deserves a chance and should be given the benefit of the doubt that he is working on the issue.

This weekend will be a good test of the new stage and speaker placement. Rest assured I will be in contact if the noise level is still unbearable. I have written down the email if you would like to remove it to prevent unnecessary spam. Thanks for making an effort.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
TexasRedneck,
We will always do what we can to help but we have to go about our business and the only way we can do that is to follow all laws and regulations as we have been doing. But anybody is more than welcome to contact me to see if we can assist. MiCasaCantina@gmail.com
Y'know, up to this point I was saying "Geez, he's really trying". But this last part also let me (and everyone else) know that unless required by law, you REALLY don't care - at least, that's the only way I can read it.

As a fellow business owner, I'd highly suggest you rethink that stance, at least publicly - because one thing I've learned in my years in business is that a couple of unhappy VOTERS can wreck havoc on ordinances if they gain the ear of a politician eager for reelection!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:40 PM

I don't think this is necessarily an issue of ethics. He said he was going to be working on the issue to be in compliance with the law and that he didn't think the complaintant should be subjected to rattling house parts. What also should be understood is the nature of the business. If he is a live music venue, then there is a volume factor involved. I can understand that, being in the radio industry.

Ever hear a song you like and turn up the volume? No offense intended, it just seems to me that the complaintant is hell bent on dictating what will and will not be.... Personally, music is best raw and loud and unencumbered.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I don't think this is necessarily an issue of ethics. He said he was going to be working on the issue to be in compliance with the law and that he didn't think the complaintant should be subjected to rattling house parts. What also should be understood is the nature of the business. If he is a live music venue, then there is a volume factor involved. I can understand that, being in the radio industry.

Ever hear a song you like and turn up the volume? No offense intended, it just seems to me that the complaintant is hell bent on dictating what will and will not be.... Personally, music is best raw and loud and unencumbered.

Mi Casa Tamales is a restaurant, not a music hall.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi45 View Post
Mi Casa Tamales is a restaurant, not a music hall.
... that also happens to book music acts..... thus being a venue.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,194 times
TexasRedneck,

Was simply stating that we need to stay in business and live up to the contracts that are already signed and in effect.

Before we ever started booking we checked with all laws and regulations to make sure we were in compliance, which we are. We can and always will do our best to respect the community and those around us but as long as we are with-in the law we have the right to do business... but we wish no discomfort to any one around us, and apologize for any disturbance it may have caused.

Five years ago we were a little shop simply selling tamales in the middle of no-where and no body ever thought to give us a second look so we thought that putting live music out would get peoples attention and it has but unfortunately it has brought up some negative attention from some people in the direct community and we want to do our best to fix that.

I hope we can find a happy median for every one effected at this point because we are trying and thats all we can do. The only promise we can make is to stay in full compliance with the law and all county regulations and to do our best to fix any problems or discomfort we may be causing.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
... that also happens to book music acts..... thus being a venue.

You know what ---

never mind it isn't worth my time.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Y'know, up to this point I was saying "Geez, he's really trying". But this last part also let me (and everyone else) know that unless required by law, you REALLY don't care - at least, that's the only way I can read it.

As a fellow business owner, I'd highly suggest you rethink that stance, at least publicly - because one thing I've learned in my years in business is that a couple of unhappy VOTERS can wreck havoc on ordinances if they gain the ear of a politician eager for reelection!

Agreeing with you. I would be more enthusiastic if the 30 phone calls I placed had not been met with total rudeness and if the management had actually ever called back as promised. When I called the county commissioners office I was told "We are VERY aware of the problems that Mi Casa is causing." Apparently I was one of many to call.

FWIW, I sincerely do hope they change and that the Clint Black concert isn't shaking my walls. Plenty can be done to accentuate sound outdoors. If they want to do a live music concert every weekend, then acoustic professionals can be hired to help them make the changes needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio