Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I wasn't going to call you out, but i was pretty sure you knew where i was talking about. I'll blame it on the fact that you aren't a native San Antonian
Let's just say that I found out yesterday that there's a space center in San Antonio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,048,207 times
Hey aren't they supposed to be working on the I-10/1604 interchange? 1604 is backing up real bad in the morning because nobody can get onto I-10 and the lack of additional lanes! Today was absolute HELL around 7:30 am. Whoever was supposed to plan for traffic did not....

FAIL!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 PM

56 posts, read 115,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Hey aren't they supposed to be working on the I-10/1604 interchange? 1604 is backing up real bad in the morning because nobody can get onto I-10 and the lack of additional lanes! Today was absolute HELL around 7:30 am. Whoever was supposed to plan for traffic did not....

FAIL!
I agree, it has been ridiculous this week. I guess because of school starting back this week, people's schedules are different. That is the time I pass through there. I wish they would correct it. Maybe if the proposed widening of I-10 down to Huebner gets traction to start later this year, they will redo this area. It is really dangerous too. I see wrecks there all the time. My wife had someone rear end her there, 1604 to I-10 S, a few years ago.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post

FAIL!
I would take that traffic over the 410/35 traffic ANY DAY. 45 minutes to get from Medical to De Zavala or 45 minutes to get from Space Center to Rittiman?

Last I heard, though, was that the 10 contruction had no funding. I'm sure TxHwyMan has the scoop though.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Where exactly is this intersection?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,701 times
Since I'm retired and in no hurry to get anywhere, I take any route that does not include the freeways here in SA. I detest them. So I just Mapquest where I need to go checking the box to avoid freeways. The Wurzback parkway takes me from Perrin Beitel on over to the airport/San Pedro area with ease. I do not get on 410....it can be done and much more enjoyable

Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM

874 posts, read 2,894,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I was thinking of taking 78 around it...but I'm not sure exactly where 78 would hit Walzem to make it a fessible go around. Maybe I'll try it next week.
I've taken 78 around it, but not to Walzem - I live in Live Oak, so I take 78 all the way to near Judson HS... Probably not much more practical than sitting in that ridiculous mess, but it's much less stressful and at least feels as if I am accomplishing something!

In the morning I take 35 S all the way from Live Oak, through downtown area, and over to 90 (I teach in Edgewood ISD). On a good morning (leaving house between 6:40 and 6:50, no drizzle/rain, no accidents, no people rubbernecking to watch someone pulled over by a police officer on the side of the road...), that drive takes around 30 to 40 minutes. However, coming back home after school, that reverse route has the potential to take well over an hour. If I make it out of school at 3:45 (Ha! Many of the kids aren't even picked up by then even though dismissal is 3:15, so I am often in the office with them until 3:45 or 4:00), then it's doable. If I leave school at around 5:45 or 6:00 (my more typical time to leave school, if not even a bit later), it is also doable. Anything between 3:45 and 5:45 - no way. If I do leave between those times, I have to take 10 instead and then go over to 1604.

I'd love to give you a good route suggestion, but I don't know if there is one. Sometimes I pull out the GPS, take an exit or road that seems possible, and just go with it.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:30 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,031,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy1022 View Post
I agree, it has been ridiculous this week. I guess because of school starting back this week, people's schedules are different. That is the time I pass through there. I wish they would correct it. Maybe if the proposed widening of I-10 down to Huebner gets traction to start later this year, they will redo this area. It is really dangerous too. I see wrecks there all the time. My wife had someone rear end her there, 1604 to I-10 S, a few years ago.

I got rear-ended at the I-10 South to 1604 East yield sign by some moron on his cell phone. Wrecked the van. Bleh.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Where exactly is this intersection?
By Ft. Sam

Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
I got caught here on a Saturday morning going north and it was the most horrible thing ever.

To make it worse we were on the left lane and could have zoomed pretty far on it to merge (there is no rule to say we have to merge beforehand) and out of no where some dumb trucker got in our way, they moved from the lane right of the far left one onto the far left lane we were on.

They were in the fast lane blocking it for a vast distance not allowing anyone to proceed ahead and zoom in. It was very annoying. What was even worse was they seemed to be pacing another 18-wheeler on the next lane as if they were friends or something. In either case holding up the left lane, the fast lane, even if it has to merge, was totally uncalled for.

Had to fight our way to the 410 exit, take Perrin Beitel north, right on Wurzbach Parkway, all the way until it turns into O'Connor, then finally back on I-35 North. It was smooth sailing but we lost at least 40 minutes for what should have took less than 5 minutes or so.

On a Saturday morning!!! I should have stayed home and watched cartoons instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio