Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:34 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times

Advertisements

The San Antonio insurance and financial services company informed employees last week that the bulk of its 35,000-person workforce will continue to work from home through Dec. 31, instead of Sept. 1 as originally planned. USAA employs 19,000 people in San Antonio.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/coronav...9-15373287.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 05:46 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,228,300 times
That's fine with me, a USAA customer. I just wish they would get rid of the endless message that you get when you call -- "Due to the virus, we have changed our operations. You may wish to use our web site, U.S.A.A.dot.com, bla bla bla." Dang it, I *know* you have a web site. I wouldn't be calling if I didn't need to speak to a person.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:02 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,240,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthnry View Post
That's fine with me, a USAA customer. I just wish they would get rid of the endless message that you get when you call -- "Due to the virus, we have changed our operations. You may wish to use our web site, U.S.A.A.dot.com, bla bla bla." Dang it, I *know* you have a web site. I wouldn't be calling if I didn't need to speak to a person.
I think they are encouraging as many customers as possible to use the website, due to reduced availability
of phone staff.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:30 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,543,265 times
Good for San Antonio traffic and COVID #'s, that's a lot of people staying at home. I am sure car insurance isn't their biggest book of business so they should be doing fine financially as a company. Does anyone know if USAA issued a refund or discount to drivers due to reduced traffic during COVID?

I work in Southern California but my company also has a rather large office in San Antonio of a few hundred, thus far employees from my company in all US cities are being "invited" to return to the office and this was as of two weeks ago before the spike became prominent in Texas, Florida and Arizona. No one is being obligated to return to-date, but I wouldn't be surprised if they change their tune and prohibit returning to the office in certain states similar to what USAA has done.

Old 06-30-2020, 07:17 AM

282 posts, read 342,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Good for San Antonio traffic and COVID #'s, that's a lot of people staying at home. I am sure car insurance isn't their biggest book of business so they should be doing fine financially as a company. Does anyone know if USAA issued a refund or discount to drivers due to reduced traffic during COVID?
Yes, we’ve gotten at least two credits against our car insurance. If memory serves me right they both were in the $40-$50 range. I haven’t tracked our exact mileage but my wife has only been driving to work once a week for what seems like months now. Instead of 200 miles a week she’s been racking up a whole 40 miles a week so roughly an 80% reduction.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:35 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,123,272 times
Quote:
If there was no message, people would complain that it takes much longer to reach a representative than it used to.

Old 07-02-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
If there was no message, people would complain that it takes much longer to reach a representative than it used to.
It's fine to have a short message saying that due to the virus, calls may take longer. My objection is to the extra message to plug the web site. Are there really any USAA customers who don't know that USAA has a web site? It's an excellent web site. I use it all the time. But sometimes I need a rep.

All businesses have that message. I've been trying for six weeks to resolve an AT&T service issue that involves repeated calls. I have to speak to a rep, but the message drones on endlessly about how to navigate the web site. Yes, I know you have a web site. Please, just let me speak to a human before I die of old age.

While I'm complaining about USAA's phone service (which is normally excellent), is anyone else driven crazy by the phrase "To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking today?" How about just "May I have your name, please"?

Yes, I'm feeling petty today.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:56 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,281,745 times
Quote:
It's fine to have a short message saying that due to the virus, calls may take longer. My objection is to the extra message to plug the web site. Are there really any USAA customers who don't know that USAA has a web site? It's an excellent web site. I use it all the time. But sometimes I need a rep.

All businesses have that message. I've been trying for six weeks to resolve an AT&T service issue that involves repeated calls. I have to speak to a rep, but the message drones on endlessly about how to navigate the web site. Yes, I know you have a web site. Please, just let me speak to a human before I die of old age.

While I'm complaining about USAA's phone service (which is normally excellent), is anyone else driven crazy by the phrase "To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking today?" How about just "May I have your name, please"?

Yes, I'm feeling petty today.
have you tried using the CHAt feature with ATT?

Old 07-03-2020, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
have you tried using the CHAt feature with ATT?
Yes, normally I love using chat for customer service, but this is a weird situation. It's a land line (copper) owned by an elderly relative who doesn't have internet service at the house. Probably the last remaining land line in the neighborhood. The chat service doesn't have access to those records. I have to speak to a human, during business hours, to get a repair estimate. Sigh.

Old 12-27-2020, 04:42 PM

570 posts, read 1,287,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
The San Antonio insurance and financial services company informed employees last week that the bulk of its 35,000-person workforce will continue to work from home through Dec. 31, instead of Sept. 1 as originally planned.
Has anyone heard if that is still the date?
If so....that would be only one more week of working from home.
Just curious??

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio