Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 07:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,897 times

Advertisements

In moving to San Antonio we found a house that we like. The house is in the brings of foreclosure and the bank, through a realtor, is selling the property as a short sell. They had only received one offer prior to our entrance in the picture. We made an offer above the last one through our realtor. My wife felt in love with this house and she expressed this to the seller’s realtor. Out of the sudden the seller’s realtor called our realtor and told him that she received another offer. We increased our offer accordingly. Several days later, she again called our realtor stating that she received another offer and if we want the house, we must increase our offer. Due to my wife’s desire for the house I agreed and increase the offer. I suspect the seller’s realtor is manipulating us into increasing our offers to make a higher commission

My questions are:

Due realtors have a duty under TX law to disclose information on prior/competing offers?

What are my chances, if I bring an action against the realtor in court for fraud in TX?

Last edited by colonfranqui; 05-24-2008 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: copy and paste showed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Moderator cut: post you are referring to has been removed

I wish I could help, but have no idea. Have you talked to your current realtor about your concerns?

Last edited by da jammer; 05-24-2008 at 07:48 PM..

Old 05-24-2008, 07:39 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
You showed your hand when your wife told the seller's realtor she fell in love with it. Keep in mind that it's a business deal, and leave all emotion out of it. It's just a house. It's "home" when you have the keys.

That said, I have no idea about the fraud.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:42 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You showed your hand when your wife told the seller's realtor she fell in love with it. Keep in mind that it's a business deal, and leave all emotion out of it. It's just a house. It's "home" when you have the keys.

That said, I have no idea about the fraud.

Sapphire has hit the nail on the head once again. It certainly is a business deal...nothing more. Don't fall in love with it (at least, don't tell any realtor that you're in love with it).

Old 05-24-2008, 09:37 PM

4 posts, read 8,954 times
Your chances are zero. They never accepted your offer or told you that they will accept the offer. They also did not counter you an offer as well. The seller's agent situation with short sales happen like that all the time. They will keep getting mulitple offers, since the house is selling below market. All you can really do is put your highest and best offer.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:46 PM

4 posts, read 8,954 times
Oh yeah, and the seller's agent or sellers do not have to disclose any offers to anybody before an offer is accepted here in TX, only when the property has sold do they choose to disclose what the house sold for.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:57 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Sounds like multiple offers in a state where realtors can't (or don't typically) disclose what the other offers are for.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:14 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
That Realtor is looking out for the seller's best interest, as is their job. Whether or not they're telling you the truth, who knows. However, when a house is up for a short sale, it's not uncommon to get multiple offers, as they're usually priced below market.

As everyone stated above, NEVER get emotionally involved in a purchase. It's hard to keep emotions out of it, but you have to. There is no such thing as the perfect house, so there's always something out there. I work with clients buying and building homes in the multi-million dollar range, and even then, there is no perfect house.

If you REALLY want the house, offer what it takes to get it. If you'll be happy there, it might be worth a few thousand more just so you never have to say "what if". If you think you're getting yanked around and you think you can find another home out there, call their bluff and walk away. They may come back to you.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:35 PM

4 posts, read 10,246 times
wait? Did you in fact submit an offer through your Realtor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio