Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 07:40 PM

62,105 posts, read 87,867,897 times

Advertisements

Central Market is going to be renovated, not expanded. Those will be just cosmetic changes.
The store is old and small, and the grocery part is getting even smaller, because they are cramping in stuff not food related.
Wannabe Walmart?

https://newsroom.heb.com/central-mar...antonio-store/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 08:28 AM

1,042 posts, read 887,482 times
Bottom line is that what HEB is doing to CM is better than leaving it be.

They're going to fix that awful parking lot.

Based on knowing people who work specifically on Central Market projects, no, they're not expanding, but they don't have the real estate to do that anyway. They're going to restructure most of the store to improve flow. That's a plus.

They're also refreshing the entire store to bring it up to the design standards of the Dallas and Houston CMs.

I'm no defender of HEB, never have been, but I see this as a positive for the people of AH.

Old 05-06-2024, 11:56 AM

4,449 posts, read 5,374,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Bottom line is that what HEB is doing to CM is better than leaving it be.

They're going to fix that awful parking lot.

Based on knowing people who work specifically on Central Market projects, no, they're not expanding, but they don't have the real estate to do that anyway. They're going to restructure most of the store to improve flow. That's a plus.

They're also refreshing the entire store to bring it up to the design standards of the Dallas and Houston CMs.

I'm no defender of HEB, never have been, but I see this as a positive for the people of AH.
And the surrounding area(s).

And behold! The grand finale—a crescendo of clarity, where all queries in this thread found their resolutions.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:00 PM

1,042 posts, read 887,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
And behold! The grand finale—a crescendo of clarity, where all queries in this thread found their resolutions.
LOL. If only.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:12 AM

954 posts, read 1,268,221 times
Used to sometimes go to CM, but stopped, mainly because of no parking.I also noticed for a store that's supposed to be high end, the produce wasn't always that great. Wish out here in Schertz-Cibolo and points east they would put a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. Aldi's would be nice, but not happening. Kroger's wound up leaving .They were here, left and came back as a delivery service. There was another one, think it was Green POd, more organic and natural stuff , but don't see it around either. I like HEB, don't get me wrong, but between them and Walmart the market is sown up. I think the old Sun Harvest Farms are now Sprouts, but I can't get over to Thousand Oaks, and Gold Canyon all the time, so not buying anything there. Prices keep going up.HEB and Walmart sell small avocados for 70 cents each.HEB has stores in Northern Mexico, you cAN'T TELL ME THEY CAN'T GET MEXICAN AVOCADOS AT A CHEAP PRICE???? Sorry didn't mean to yell hit the wrong key, but it makes you mad. Can San Antonio support high end shopping ,sure.You have Fair Oaks Ranch and the Dominion. You still have old money in Alamo Heights and Olmos Park. I think they are more interested at expanding their markets here in Texas and maybe else where. THey need to build a new Central Market.

Old 05-15-2024, 07:29 AM

5,614 posts, read 6,561,664 times
I find that Walmart and HEB prices are the same in most name brand grocery items so I have been shopping HEB pretty much exclusively for a while. However, HEB is adding more of their own branded products and dropping products that I buy, and I am not liking that, and also filling their shelves with products from independent small boutique businesses, such as BBQ sauces, jams, jellys and preserves, honey, salad dressings and the like. These products are priced higher than I want to pay.

Old 05-27-2024, 08:18 AM

3,263 posts, read 9,072,944 times
SA needs another location between Boerne and Fair Oaks

Old Today, 01:59 PM

4,449 posts, read 5,374,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
SA needs another location between Boerne and Fair Oaks
You did not read this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio