Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,026,842 times

Advertisements

South Side baby's death is ruled a homicide (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Southside_babys_death_is_ruled_a_homicide.html - broken link)

This is a very sad story. This follows a story in May about a 5 month old being killed on the West side and a newborn found in the dryer on the Southwest Side.

Nobody else here sees a correlation between violent crime and the South or West side? If this happened on the North side the community would be outraged.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
South Side baby's death is ruled a homicide (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Southside_babys_death_is_ruled_a_homicide.html - broken link)

This is a very sad story. This follows a story in May about a 5 month old being killed on the West side and a newborn found in the dryer on the Southwest Side.

Nobody else here sees a correlation between violent crime and the South or West side? If this happened on the North side the community would be outraged.
What makes you think that the people on the southside are not outraged, as well? What kind of Moderator cut: insult would think that a baby's death is not something for which the community should be outraged regardless of what side of town it occurred?

Last edited by Bo; 09-17-2008 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Make your point without insulting.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:33 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,473 times
Good thing you don't frequent those areas as you mentioned. Funny thing is the only time I have been a victim is/well my vehicle is in a couple of north side parking lots where I got keyed and stolen from and that is a far cry from the the crimes you mentioned, if I was there when I was being victimized, I would have layed the pipe to them pretty bad and then it would be in the news. Of course, you would point out violence coming from other parts of town into your side of town somehow making them the victims and me the criminal.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-16-2008 at 02:42 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 02:34 PM

67 posts, read 78,108 times
Quote:

Kid, enough already. Your posts are treading on troll-like behavior. Bad stuff happens everywhere, and crime on the south side or west side has no correlation when it's a domestic issue. To say if it happened on the north side they're be outrage, why? You honestly think there's not outrage on the south side for this?

Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,210,404 times
Quote:

I don't even live in SA and I am outraged!!! This is a sad, sad story no matter what side of town it happened on.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 PM

288 posts, read 926,751 times
I'm not sure where they got the stat for "child deaths" in the article. I don't think its accurate. I would love to believe S.A. has had only three child deaths related to abuse this year. I can't fathom how anyone could hurt a child. So innocent. It's just mind-boggling.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:29 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAFD_Wife View Post
I'm not sure where they got the stat for "child deaths" in the article. I don't think its accurate. I would love to believe S.A. has had only three child deaths related to abuse this year. I can't fathom how anyone could hurt a child. So innocent. It's just mind-boggling.
I absolutely agree, wife.... Folks who want to have the fun, but dont think at all about the consequences, and dont even stop for a second to evaluate how life changing it is to have and raise a child....
and too immature to be responsible as a parent. Many of them are still children themselves.....
very sad and very frightening...
I'm NOT making excuses for them, not at all... they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, regardles of their age or situation......
and you mentioned the innocence....

Gawd, how haunting to imagine the fear and surprise and helplessness these poor babies experience.....just sickening to even think of......

Old 09-17-2008, 12:17 AM

87 posts, read 294,954 times
I was at Gold's Gym earlier and someone was talking about a child found dead in an apartment, it saddens my heart.

Also, a young man was shot dead on Walzem in the northeast side. Those young lives never had a chance.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 AM

504 posts, read 1,457,743 times
kids are kids right? how about these two skateboarders shot in the northside today?
tgannaway...you outraged?
Teens Shot While Skateboarding | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 AM

504 posts, read 1,457,743 times
i would hate to be shot in broad daylight in Balcones Heights
Police Release Red Light Camera Clips Of Monday Homicide - San Antonio News Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/news/16533460/detail.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio