Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 04:24 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,671 times

Advertisements

I used to use a grooming shop for many years until probably about January of this year when the two owners (a married couple.I was friends with the male part of the couple) had a falling out. Their business has a facebook page and the female took to their business' facebook page and posted their personal drama for all the world to see and comment on. I made a few comments about how she should not be posting their personal life where their customers can view and post comments on. The male owner went to jail over something im not sure of the details...nor do i care. anyway this was back in Feb when the drama started. I have a few friends who use this grooming shop still and when a friend got hung up golfing today I went in to pick up his dog so he wouldnt get charged the late pickup fee. I paid for the grooming service with my credit card (my friend would be paying me back later...which he hasnt yet since this just occurred today). About 10 minutes after i left the store my cell phone rings and its the female owner who begins to curse me out for going to her shop after i commented on the facebook drama. she proceeds to telling me to never f*ing return to her shop. I hang up the phone but it becomes clear to me this crazy broad had to actually look up my customer card and call my cell phone using my personal info i only provided to them for business purposes to call me back not to harass me. Im now contemplating doing a charge back to my card and having my friend just pay her direct. Its not necessary for her to blow up my phone and harass me when she simply could have said something while I was in the store. Personally i avoid drama at all cost but god only knows what she'll do with my credit card info...we have always paid in cash before but i did it on my credit card for some odd reason. anyway looking for some input on this...and isnt there some sort of law against her using my personal info to harass me?

Last edited by mrsb057; 05-13-2011 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
You've been insulted, but for you to get a service and not pay for that service is a crime. As tough as our DA is on hot checks, you don't want to go up against this business owner in court. You won't have a legal leg to stand on.

IMO, let it go and never darken the business's doorstep again. If you get another harassing phone call, involve the police. Use the power of word of mouth to share your story with any friends who might use that shop. Also, there are other web sites on which it is OK to yelp about businesses by name.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Default not paying

I wouldnt be not paying for the service that would be up to my friend who took the dog in..im all for him paying her directly after all she did groom the dog. i just dont want her having my credit card info.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
I wouldnt be not paying for the service that would be up to my friend who took the dog in..im all for him paying her directly after all she did groom the dog. i just dont want her having my credit card info.
The business gets assessed a fee for chargebacks. (I think it's $10.) They might hit your friend up for that fee.

They can't legally charge anything else to your account. If they did, you would have the opportunity to wallop them in court.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:01 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,830,892 times
Ah, but you picked up the animal and paid for the services acting as his agent. Trust me - if this gal is as nuts as you say, she's just chicken *** enough to file on you. It's not worth it - just move on. Pray that she DOES place illigimate charges on your card - then YOU can file on HER.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 PM

894 posts, read 1,546,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
You've been insulted, but for you to get a service and not pay for that service is a crime. As tough as our DA is on hot checks, you don't want to go up against this business owner in court. You won't have a legal leg to stand on.

IMO, let it go and never darken the business's doorstep again. If you get another harassing phone call, involve the police. Use the power of word of mouth to share your story with any friends who might use that shop. Also, there are other web sites on which it is OK to yelp about businesses by name.
Ditto. Your chargeback will only create more problems for you. Move on, put this behind you. Keep business separate from emotion. You may be pissed and righteously so, but don't make it worse. Be the bigger person and put it behind you.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,024 times
Doesn't she already have your credit card info if you already used it to pay for services... If you do a charge back does she not still have your card info? I would seriously take all the other posters advice and just let things be... You agreed to pick up the dog for your friend and you paid for the services rendered... Even though services were not done on your dog, you still agreed to pick up your friends dog and therefore you owe the bill...

Although this lady sounds crazy I would hope she would not be stupid enough to go on a spending spree with your credit card...

Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,244 times
let it be but ffs dont ever go there again and i would post your experience, along with a business name, address, tele number to every website in SA that will allow you to do so.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:56 PM

Moved on. But left a lengthy review of her services on CL and under yahoo. She also still has me on her facebook lol so I went ahead and posted on the pages wall and disliked it. Oh well nothing that could be considered slanderous just enough make customers question if they want to have their dog groomed by her. Oh well she'll get hers. And if she does decide to be a crack pot with my credit card I'm sure uSAA won't take to her fraudulent charges to kindly and neither will I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio