Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:44 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times

Advertisements

I live in the Medical Center area. There are tons of pedicure places around. However, I have fallen out of love with the one I used to go to. I went back to my salon, but I don't really like either of their pedicure people.

Any suggestions? Please? I'm desperate. My husband will thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 01:54 PM

So I went to Treus Dell Salon for my pedicure. The lady did a nice job but she talked politics a bit, which is a turn off for me, especially when I don't agree with said politics.

But she did do a good job and I really enjoyed it so I'll probably go back in 3 weeks or so.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:43 PM

109 posts, read 270,021 times
My wife goes to Nails Palace in the HEB shopping center at 1604 and Blanco. Terrific place. The owner is of Vietnamese descent but was born and raised here.

Very nice folks. They even give me wine while I wait for her.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,797 times
I haven't been, but I want to try the Aveda Institute downtown at the Pearl Brewery. Very good products, but not very expensive since the people there are in training. If I try it, I'll let you know how it is!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 PM

874 posts, read 2,894,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I haven't been, but I want to try the Aveda Institute downtown at the Pearl Brewery. Very good products, but not very expensive since the people there are in training. If I try it, I'll let you know how it is!
I did not enjoy the pedicure I had there. They do waterless pedicures and I just didn't find the experience as pleasant as a normal pedicure. I think that is just personal preference, so others might enjoy it more than I did. I LOVE the facials (especially the Self-Renewal) there, though. (I don't usually recommend it to other people because I don't want lots of people to start going there and make it hard to get an appointment since I tend to make them at the last minute. )

Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 PM

Thanks for the recs, you guys! I'll keep them in mind.

I didn't even think about the Aveda Institute.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
i go to the Aveda Institute quite a bit and i really love it (infact, i am going there tomorrow for a 9am appt) --- I have had a manicure --- 1 hour for $11 --- for the price i really enjoyed it --- I have also had a pedicure --- 1.5 hour for $20 --- as the previous poster said it is a waterless pedicure but I was fine with it and found it very relaxing, again, especially for the price ---

I get my hair color done there as well --- single color process $30 --- what i did was i requested an appt with a senior student and before the color was done it was discussed with an instructor --- i found that i really really liked the color so i asked the girl to write the formula down for me, which she did --- now whenever i go, even if i get a newer student i am okay since i just pull out my formula card and they just mix up the color using that, so no mess ups...

i did have my hair cut there 1 time and it was okay, but i try not to get my hair cuts from there...

Old 02-20-2009, 11:26 AM

That bums me out that they don't do water pedicures! Does anyone have a good water pedicure place? We have small shops in shopping centers near our house. Someone scared me the other day with horror stories about those though! I'm used to a spa type of salon. Also, I will probably go to Aveda for my brow waxing from now on. I got it done at a small shop near our home last time and she TOTALLY did it wrong and made me break out something awful, then didn't even put aloe on afterwards! I think I have more sensitive skin where I need maybe more natural wax used or something. At least aloe!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:37 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
That bums me out that they don't do water pedicures! Does anyone have a good water pedicure place? We have small shops in shopping centers near our house. Someone scared me the other day with horror stories about those though! I'm used to a spa type of salon. Also, I will probably go to Aveda for my brow waxing from now on. I got it done at a small shop near our home last time and she TOTALLY did it wrong and made me break out something awful, then didn't even put aloe on afterwards! I think I have more sensitive skin where I need maybe more natural wax used or something. At least aloe!
Re the brows--I got a GREAT wax job at Sensational Hair...I was in a massive hurry before my trip to CA, and I just walked in (I was in dire need ), but Darlene did an awesome job on them....she used about 4 different products on me, and believe it or not she was actually gentle with me. I decided, what the heck, do my hair, too! I got a really cute cut and walked out of there for under $30, tip included. I'd never been there before, so it was a great surprise. They're at Bandera and Guilbeau. It's not a fancy salon, but honestly, I didn't care! I've been to fancy salons--there is just no guaranteeing anymore what you are going to look like when you walk out.

Sorry to hijack.........it's just that moki brought up the wax.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Re the brows--I got a GREAT wax job at Sensational Hair...I was in a massive hurry before my trip to CA, and I just walked in (I was in dire need ), but Darlene did an awesome job on them....she used about 4 different products on me, and believe it or not she was actually gentle with me. I decided, what the heck, do my hair, too! I got a really cute cut and walked out of there for under $30, tip included. I'd never been there before, so it was a great surprise. They're at Bandera and Guilbeau. It's not a fancy salon, but honestly, I didn't care! I've been to fancy salons--there is just no guaranteeing anymore what you are going to look like when you walk out.

Sorry to hijack.........it's just that moki brought up the wax.
Thanks Sapphire! I just did not have a good wax experience at that last place I went! It made me really mad and ouchy for a few days! Maybe I'll check em out next time I need something done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio