Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:27 AM

370 posts, read 882,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
One of the reasons I am moving to the north. I love COLD and HATE HEAT. The summers here in San Antonio BAKE... Especially August.

Once I was sitting down on a rock at Lost Maples state natural area having some gatorade, sweating like crazy and looked at the thermometer hanging off my pack - it said 120 degrees.
Hi,

Now I have a healthy respect of what to expect when I relocate!

120 is pretty high. Here, (near Lake Michigan) we get strings of 90 degree days with heat indexes in the 100's. Heat indexes, (like windchill in winter) are the perceived temperature versus the recorded temperature. Our 90 degree days are usually with 80% humity which raises the heat index and in the winter it is the wind that lowers the temp.

However, you probably already knew all this. Just sharing.
Gennaver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM

30 posts, read 118,294 times
Default I Live In Pa And Moving In 4 Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
One of the reasons I am moving to the north. I love COLD and HATE HEAT. The summers here in San Antonio BAKE... Especially August.

Once I was sitting down on a rock at Lost Maples state natural area having some gatorade, sweating like crazy and looked at the thermometer hanging off my pack - it said 120 degrees.
I CAN'T WAIT LIVING IN THE COLD THE SNOW THAT THE SCHOOLS SHUT DOWN FOR 5 DAYS IN A ROW IS CRAZY, I LIVED IN THE NORTH ALL MY LIFE, MY HUSBAND ACCEPTED A JOB AT THERE HE IS LIVING THERE NOW WHILE I WORK SOME THINGS OUT WITH THE HOUSE HERE, AND LET ME TELL YOU I CAN'T WAIT TO GET AWAY FROM THE COLD. THE KIDS ARE SO EXCITED THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO OUT THERE WHEN YOU COMPARE IT TO HERE.

DO YOU KNOW THAT NOT ONE TREE IS GREEN HERE? AND IT'S MAY I'M DONE I CAN'T WAIT TO FEEL THE HEAT AND HUMID WEATHER, ANYTHING IS BETTER THEN THIS.

THE PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE SO NICE AND PLEASENT, EVERYONE HERE IS A BIG RUDEA$$. I'M TIRED OF IT. NOT TO MENTION THAT THERE IS NO CULTURE.

BUT BEING PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH WHAT HAPPENED TO EVERYONE ELSE?

NO THANK YOU I'M OUT. GOOD BYE SNOW AND COLD.

HELLO SUNSHINE

Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Well today (5-10-2007) its 79.9 degrees F with 49% humidity. Dew Point is 61 degrees F.

Thanks for flying City-data.com airlines. We hope you have a wonderful stay in San Antonio..

Old 05-10-2007, 12:48 PM

351 posts, read 1,585,158 times
Hello,

I have just been through my 6th day in a row of 100 degrees plus.

It will be 100 degrees plus for the next 4 months straight.

Welcome to Baghdad.

I wish I could be there in San Antonio, I would love to feel the South Tx. Heat and drink a cold beer, listen to the cicadas serenade me.

To me, a beautiful sunset listening to the bugs chirp and drinking a cold beer in South Texas is the closest thing to Heaven.

crazedchef

Old 05-10-2007, 12:51 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Hello,

Welcome to Baghdad.

I wish I could be there in San Antonio, I would love to feel the South Tx. Heat and drink a cold beer, listen to the cicadas serenade me.

To me, a beautiful sunset listening to the bugs chirp and drinking a cold beer in South Texas is the closest thing to Heaven.

crazedchef
Be safe in Baghdad! Hurry Home!.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:01 PM

170 posts, read 761,904 times
Quote:
Hello,

Welcome to Baghdad.

crazedchef

You really put things in perspective! Although I recently moved to Co, I do kind of miss the bugs chirpping at night. Best of luck to you!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,500 times
crazedchef, Be safe and know we are thinking of you and thanking you. Warm nights, cold beer, and cicadas will be waiting here for you!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:08 PM

370 posts, read 882,730 times
Quote:
Hello,

Welcome to Baghdad.

crazedchef
Hey Crazedchef,
Thanks for the reality check.

I love cicadas and look forward to hearing them in TX.

From a soon to be Army Nurse,
Gen

Old 05-11-2007, 04:26 PM

94 posts, read 654,706 times
Question Pacific Islands vs SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayag_Mo_Gago View Post
I am a pacific islander and I know humidity and SA's weather is very humid.
Hi Bayag,
How would you compare the humidity in SA to west side Oahu? I'm curious, and a little nervous

Old 05-11-2007, 04:28 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,051 times
Bayag isn't the best source to ask.

There are plenty of former Islanders who could answer that question for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio