Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 PM

8,399 posts, read 23,021,001 times

Advertisements

Watch the end of this video (it's three minutes long)...

Anyone will flip the finger!

And next time I am sure you'll not let anyone out. That's how people roll around here, no good deed goes unpunished!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 PM

18,145 posts, read 25,349,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No, not a fan at all. You said you wanted to know what people think. I'm people.

Whatever you call it, it's still silly. At least you didn't take a picture of it, though! Or did you.........
Why, do you want to see it?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,075,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why, do you want to see it?
Aha! So one does exist.

No thanks, though.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 PM

186 posts, read 345,797 times
The middle-finger jerk was so popular among the Romans that they even gave a special name to the middle digit, calling it the impudent finger: digitus impudicus. It was also known as the obscene finger, or the infamous finger, and there are a number of references to its use in the writings of classical authors. . . . The middle-finger jerk has survived for over 2,000 years and is still current in many parts of the world, especially the United States.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,405,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Sorry for opening a post just for this,
but I still can't believe that I got flipped off for being polite to only 1 car that was driving out of a gas station but was not polite to a second car.

I'd like to know what you guys think about my story:
I get off the highway, on the outer road and I get on the right lane,
I'm approaching a 4-way stop that is next to a gas station.
I see 2 cars trying to get out of the gas station
I see that I already have 2 cars in front of me (at the stop sign) so I thought:
"I guess I'll be nice and leave some space for 1 of them to get out of the gas station"
The guy saw that I left space for him to get in and he drove onto the outer road and then I went behind him.
For 1 second it looked to me like the 2nd car was going to try to get in, too. (Sorry, but it's my right-of-way)
The 2nd car drives behind me, stops next to me, the girl looked at me and flipped me. Not just that, but she looked really pissed off and she also had a little girl on the passenger side (looked like 10)

Is San Antonio full of people that have absolutely no idea of how to drive or can somebody explain what's going here?
I've driven in 3rd World countries in places without any stop signs or street lights and people are more polite and have more common sense than here in San Antonio.
I lkive in Southern California, at a gas station today I was called an "f-ing f@gg*t because I refused to stop pumping gas into my car so he coulf "take cuts."

Old 12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,160,806 times
I had someone try to take advantage of my generosity like that last week. I held up one finger of my own to make it clear to the second car how many cars I was letting out. I used the more polite index finger.

I was reminded that we still have a ban on dangerous driver threads, so this will be the last post. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio