Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 05:44 PM

57 posts, read 104,829 times

Advertisements

I don't know if it's appropriate to post this here or not- I don't see any others posted, but I don't see them posted in the pet area either. So if it's not allowed, I apologize.

I know it's unlikely that someone here will be looking for their dog, but, on the offchance.....

I found a dog yesterday at the intersection of Nacogdoches and O'Connor. The dog was about to be hit in traffic, and I could not stand to leave it there. Just a few minutes later, I passed by again, and there was a wreck, so I'm very glad that I was able to get over to pick it up.

If you have lost a dog in that area, dm me. YOU MUST TELL ME THE COLOR OF THE DOG, IF THE DOG IS MALE OR FEMALE, AND WHAT THE DOG'S NAME IS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 06:33 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,785 times
i would also post on Craigslist in the pets area.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM

Yep, I've done that too... and put signs up at Wal-Greens, and the four courners of that intersection. It's a good dog... seems to be very well taken care of, but no collar or anything.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:13 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
If there's no collar, how would you be able to verify the dog's name? Just curious....good luck and thanks for getting him or her out of harm's way.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 PM

Well, don't know if it will work.. BUT... my thought is... if I call the name and the dog comes, or turns to it, then it's a likely possibilty. I guess I'm just leery of someone claiming it and it not being their's. Too many horror stories on the news of people mistreating dogs AND cats. I've had replies with names, and there has been no response from the dog. And the description doesn't fit at all.

If it were my dog, I would certaintly be looking all over for it! It's very well behaved, very swee, very docile! Our family has already fallen in love! So, if no one claims it... looks like we have a new pet! That will be 3 dogs and a cat added to the zoo of 5 kids!

Can you tell I'm a sucker for hard luck cases? LOL

Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Ahhh, that makes sense. I wondered if you had a talking dog on your hands.

Good for you to check that out. I hope you find the owners. In my neighborhood, it's almost a given that they've been dumped.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:26 AM

257 posts, read 533,931 times
Quote:
It's very well behaved, very swee, very docile! Our family has already fallen in love! So, if no one claims it... looks like we have a new pet!
Our newest member of the family is like this too. Very docile & sweet since the moment we picked her up. I was not looking for a new dog, but I've always wanted this type of dog, so it was kind of perfect.

Now, if I can just get her potty-training down.....

OP, good luck with your new baby. You can also take it to a vet & get it checked for a microchip.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:01 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I'm sure even sure if it's possible but before I moved from San Antonio last year, we had a little chihuahua/terrior mix and we let her go twice. She was small and golden colored and has striking green eyes. I'm not sure if that's the dog you found...

Old 04-12-2010, 01:03 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm sure even sure if it's possible but before I moved from San Antonio last year, we had a little chihuahua/terrior mix and we let her go twice. She was small and golden colored and has striking green eyes. I'm not sure if that's the dog you found...
Do you mean what I think you mean when you say "we let her go twice"....just open the front door and kick her out?

Old 04-12-2010, 01:44 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr57001 View Post
Do you mean what I think you mean when you say "we let her go twice"....just open the front door and kick her out?
Nooo? I mean, under the circumstances, we had to simply let her go in some bushes in a random neighborhood. Not one pet store was taking her. My guess is that they had too many pets already. So we let her go because we couldn't afford her coming in the move. We had lost so much money already. But then the strangest thing happened and about 2 weeks later it's late night and we're coming home to our apartment and we see her near it running like some mad dog. We immediately picked her up and washed her and took care of her until months later we had to move again because of circumstances. So that time my sister took her all the way to UTSA (her college) and dropped her off in some neighborhood near it. Please don't think I advocated any of this. The moving, the dropping off, was all my mother's fault and I am still angry at her to this day for deciding the things she did. That dog did nothing to deserve that foul treatment from us. As a result, I don't ever want another dog again while I remain under a roof with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio