Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 AM

4 posts, read 6,691 times

Advertisements

I have been informed that trash collection will only be made at the front of my home, that this is per a san antonio city ordinance, my property has access from a city side street, access from city street at rear with both areas having driveways. In addtion homes across from the front of my home do not place their trash in front of their homes and they do receive trash pick up.....My containers are at the rear, within a few feet of city street(s) ...Trash pick up is done along ref streets...Any info on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,148,143 times
Do you have city-provided bins for trash AND recycling or do you provide your own trash can? The answer to your question may depend on the answer to that question.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM

city provides containers

Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM

905 posts, read 2,962,614 times
When we received our city provided containers, the note attached to it said that we were to place the containers back where they were originally left on collection days. Sounds like if they left the containers in front of your house, that's where you place them for collection.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,148,143 times
The driver of the automated truck for those blue and brown bins never leaves the cab, which is why those bins have to be picked up against the curb on a wide street. A street or alley behind the house probably isn't wide enough for the truck to swing its robot arm around to pick up the can safely.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,255,474 times
The City of San Antonio recently purchased some new recycling and garbage trucks that can be used for the automated pick up in alleys. However, those routes are limited to areas recently converted to automated service that previously had manual pick up in the alley. Most of the neighborhoods that had manual pick up in the alleys were not converted to automated pick up until the final (this) year of implementation. The automated alley pick up will not be made retroactive in areas that already had automated street side pick up.

As for pick up on a side street, I don't know why they wouldn't do it there, unless those streets don't have any residences fronting on them. In that case, the trucks might not cover those streets. In my area, I notice a lot of people in corner houses put their containers out on the side street, especially if their driveway/garage is on that side. But then, most of those streets have residences fronting on them at somewhere along the way, so the trucks have to pick up on those streets, anyway.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 AM

corner homes in my area do place their bins on the side street as you describe...

Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 AM

same note was also in place, however, it was a note, some corner homes with side streets get collected. bins were/are delivered to property addresses, dropped off at front of homes, but from a prev answer, corner homes with side streets do get service placing their bins other than in front of their home.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio