Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 AM

165 posts, read 463,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
holmesmic, we were sitting one section over, in 112 in the front row, and I saw when your son got the ball!

So glad you guys had a positive experience.
Oh my gosh, you gave me heart failure...I just had to look up the seating chart to see where section 112 was. I thought maybe you meant you were with the mob of kids. But your section was on the other side of us. Kiddo is still talking about getting that ball and he's carrying it all around.

I was so happy that he was given that ball. The game was special for us too in that its was our last chance to go as a family (this season) as my hubby is getting deployed for a year, later this week...

Kiddo and I will go back together though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Oh, no. I was the one giving the mob of kids the stink eye.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
It's good to hear that these games are a good time. I might make the drive down there from the Austin area to catch a game in a couple weeks. I'm a Padres fan so that's the main reason, but I like watching baseball in general. It would probably be worth it for some of you to make the drive up to Round Rock just North of Austin to see the Round Rock Express some time (AAA affiliate of the Astros). It's a great facility. They have fireworks after the games on Friday nights.

The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Round Rock Express Homepage

Old 07-09-2010, 12:50 PM

mark311, if you're a Padres fan, you need to come down next year for the pre-season game the Missions play against the Padres. So much fun and you just walk up to the aisle above/beside their dugout and get autographs. They love it too - one of the players said they love the small park, mainly because it's so easy to interact with the fans.

We wanted to meet David Eckstein as I am a huge Cards fan and he used to play for them - he was a hero, just an awesome player and by all accounts a nice guy - but he wasn't there. Maybe next year!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the tip Linda. I will definitely make that trip next year. I've been to the similar exhibition game up here when the Round Rock Express play the Astros and it's a great time.

And you being a Cards fan will have to make the trip up to Round Rock next season when they play the Memphis Redbirds (AAA affiliate of the Cardinals). They don't play them again at home this season. I watched Colby Rasmus hit a long home-run off of a re-habbing Brad Lidge in 2007 or 2008 during a Round Rock Express game. This was before Rasmus was called up to the Cardinals.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 PM

We used to go to RR for every Redbirds game but had to stop because I'm in the middle of a PhD program and I just can't anymore. Once this thing is done, though, we'll start up again. I do love that field - so much fun!

Also, good ol' Lights Out Lidge.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:14 AM

I made it down there last week to catch a game. It was a good time. The stadium seemed a little older, but it was still pretty nice. I happened to go on a Thursday so hot dogs/sodas were $1. It was also free t-shirt night so I got a free Simone Castro shirt. It was worth the drive down from Round Rock.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
I'm going with hubby on Thursday, can't wait!

Old 07-27-2010, 12:12 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,701 times
memphis redbirds.....that's the best thing that city did. That ballpark is one of the best I've ever been to, even better than most pros....

Old 07-27-2010, 02:22 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,589,057 times
I went once in the first year that it opened and sore I would never go back. And I haven't. Perhaps it's changed but the things that stick in my mind are warm, over priced beer, cold, over priced hot dogs and rude empoyees. Has any of that changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio