Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2015, 06:15 PM

4 posts, read 3,852 times

Advertisements

What HDTV antenna works best in Alpine California to receive ABC and CBS (which broadcast from Mt Soledad). NBC, PBS etc broadcasting from another area near Jamul work great, but I cannot seem to get ABC/CBS etc. with the indoor antennas I have tried.

I do not know if I tried a roof mount antennae if it would work (because of the geography here).

Has anyone in Alpine had any luck with this? Would like to know if it is possible before spending the money to try it. Looking to cut Cox Cable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 12:32 PM

For those that might be interested, I was able to answer the question, affirmatively. YES, it is possible to receive OTA not only Mt Miguel stations but also Mt Soledad stations clear as a bell in Alpine. I put up a bi directional antenna on my roof and successfully receive every station that is SD based (including the hard to get CBS and ABC) plus all of the stations from TJ.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:04 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,543,265 times
WOW! And all the way out in Alpine. Here in Lakeside I get all the TJ/Tecate stations and all the Mt Miguel and Mt Woodson SD stations but not the ones from Mt Soledad.

Is this difficult to install? I still have free non-hd cable, it looks horrible but its free, so I prefer to watch the local channels OTA due to quality.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:38 PM

Not difficult, though I put mine outside attached to the chimney on a pole. if you are not comfortable with that I would hire a professional. I had tried earlier with an inside one, but realized that i had to go outside pretty quick. Surprised me too how well it worked picking up Mt Soledad. Mt Miguel is line of sight but not Mt Soledad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego