Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 10:19 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,915,722 times

Advertisements

No, not on the Mexican border, the Arizona border.

https://www.10news.com/news/mother-d...-mission-beach

The idiot “mother” checks off all the boxes to accept the conditions of use; 18 years or older, valid drivers license, helmet required, no riding on sidewalks or boardwalks (illegal) and one rider per scooter. So they both eat **** because she and her daughter riding on the boardwalk on one scooter with no helmets, crash and burn (didn’t see that coming) and now the even more idiotic father wants to ban these great, fun and non-polluting additions to our transportation matrix!!???

Kick ‘em out and keep them out. They can’t hang!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 10:32 PM

686 posts, read 1,139,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post

The idiot “mother” checks off all the boxes to accept the conditions of use; 18 years or older, valid drivers license, helmet required, no riding on sidewalks or boardwalks (illegal) and one rider per scooter. So they both eat **** because she and her daughter riding on the boardwalk on one scooter with no helmets, crash and burn (didn’t see that coming) and now the even more idiotic father wants to ban these great, fun and non-polluting additions to our transportation matrix!!???

Unbelievable. They don’t live here, vote here or pay taxes here, act like idiots and want to change our laws! Build that wall!!

Old 06-27-2018, 05:11 AM

3,088 posts, read 1,757,107 times
Quote:

Man I've been wanting to build a wall around California for 20 years...

Old 06-27-2018, 10:24 AM

25 posts, read 20,140 times
Last week I cut my hand pretty bad while using a can opener. I can't believe the government allows us to keep these insane, deadly devices inside our homes. I implore you - please go check your kitchens right now. You probably have one of these evil contraptions hiding inside of a drawer, waiting to strike and do harm.

I invite you all to join me next week as I plead my case to the City Council to DO SOMETHING and ban can openers before someone else's loved one hurts themselves.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:58 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Looks like they are going to charge the mom with DUI
Good
https://www.10news.com/news/electric...-cited-for-dui

Here the other issue i have, why is the dad now advocating for getting rid of the scooters?
If he would have controlled his drunk wife she probably would not of damn near killed her and her child.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:05 AM

5,758 posts, read 4,719,899 times
The Zonie invasion is in full swing. Ugh. Can't stand 'em.

This guy is a classic example of blaming the govt and not his stupid wife for harming their daughter and herself.

The wife/mom is 100% to blame for this.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:42 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,100,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Good

Here the other issue i have, why is the dad now advocating for getting rid of the scooters?
If he would have controlled his drunk wife she probably would not of damn near killed her and her child.
Two totally different incidents. Hillcrest and Mission Beach are quite a ways apart.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:43 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,915,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Good

Unfortunately this is for a different incident, the idiot mom of this incident apparently can only be cited for extreme stupidity. I don't blame the poor child, of course she is hobbled by the deficient genetics she was dealt with from her idiot parents and we may never know if the mother actually suffered any lasting brain injuries by her already extremely limited intellectual capacity at the time of the incident. We can only hope and pray that they are now beyond breeding age that they don't bring any more idiots like themselves into the world.

I see kids as young as 5-7 years old riding these scooters all the time around Balboa Park and my neighborhood with their extremely limited motor skills, spatial awareness and road/sidewalk sense, with their idiot parents blithely chatting with each other or locked onto their cell phones nearby completely ignoring them after they allowed them to get on these adult vehicles.

The city and scooter companies need to be adamant that regardless of apparent fault that any claimed injuries by an underage rider of these motorized vehicles will immediately be dismissed and denied by them without a second glance.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:32 PM

2,082 posts, read 1,074,935 times
Quote:
Unfortunately this is for a different incident, the idiot mom of this incident apparently can only be cited for extreme stupidity. I don't blame the poor child, of course she is hobbled by the deficient genetics she was dealt with from her idiot parents and we may never know if the mother actually suffered any lasting brain injuries by her already extremely limited intellectual capacity at the time of the incident. We can only hope and pray that they are now beyond breeding age that they don't bring any more idiots like themselves into the world.

I see kids as young as 5-7 years old riding these scooters all the time around Balboa Park and my neighborhood with their extremely limited motor skills, spatial awareness and road/sidewalk sense, with their idiot parents blithely chatting with each other or locked onto their cell phones nearby completely ignoring them after they allowed them to get on these adult vehicles.

The city and scooter companies need to be adamant that regardless of apparent fault that any claimed injuries by an underage rider of these motorized vehicles will immediately be dismissed and denied by them without a second glance.
Down her in The Gaslamp, they are accompanied by the parents who are using the scooters. However, they should not be riding on the busy sidewalks on 5th Avenue from Broadway down to the convention center as there are waaay too many people using them too. Its just a collision waiting to happen and the kiddies are the ones who are going to suffer for it. I wish the parents would take them down to the Embarcadero where there are alot more riders and bigger areas to ride around. And buy a helmet.

I do like the scooters and bikes, I just wish more people would be more diligent in being safe and aware of those around them.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:02 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Two totally different incidents. Hillcrest and Mission Beach are quite a ways apart.
12 by Mins by car to be exact

Quote:

Yea i caught that too late guys.
It was related so assumed it was the same mom.
You what happens when you assume
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego