Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:14 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoniGar1 View Post
I am 78 years old I renewed my drivers license 3 months ago at The DMV in Bakersfield,CA. I took all the required documentation to get the real ID . Pass the test got my temporary drivers license paper . It’s been 3 months. I went to the DMV in Bakersfield, Ca the city I live in and ask why?
I doubt it's your age.

If you have the temporary paper driver's license then that is proof that you did, indeed, get your driver's license. (If you paid by check, a cancelled check would be further proof that you paid as well).

From the California DMV website (link below):

After you pass your driving test you will be issued an interim DL valid for 90 days until you receive your new photo DL in the mail. Double check your address and DL classification, including endorsements and restrictions, before you leave DMV. Notify the DMV representative if you have moved or if your information is incorrect. If you have not received your DL after 60 days, call 1-800-777-0133 and they can check on the status for you. Have your interim DL with you to provide information when requested.

You can also fill out a Non Receipt form on the California DMV website. You can do that here: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...ain#nonreceipt

I would start with the 800 number above but also fill out the non-receipt form. You'll need to give them the number o your temporary paper driver's license.

It's possible that there was an error in entering your name or your address in the system, but if you have the number on your temporary paper driver's license, they should be able to track it down if you call the 800 number. And, if they can't, they may be able to give you another solution (such as sending them a copy of the actual paper license) that the Bakersfield office wasn't able to do so that you won't have to retake the test.

Last edited by RosieSD; 07-26-2019 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 02:49 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
I had this happen and they had a hold on it cause I missed a new pic. They told me at the counter I could use my existing.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:05 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,279 times
FWIW, I had a fairly good experience calling the DMV. Sure, wait times are forever... but they have a callback service, and it works. I had a tougher time communicating with the VA DMV over an issue that could not be handled via web forms.

Old 07-30-2019, 02:26 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 794,926 times
If your new/renewed license is late there is a way to get attention on line. They don't make it easy, it's buried in the FAQ, but here's the link:

https://www.emailalert.dmv.ca.gov/DL...eipt_Form.aspx

This happened to me earlier in the year. I think they weren't quite ready for the whole REAL ID thing and they've been severely backed up - even by DMV standards.

Anyway I filled out the form and got my renewed DL (not of the REAL ID variety) about a month later - no calls or visits to the DMV needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego