Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:00 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
You need help if you think westboro bapitist represtents Kansans, other Baptists, or even the tea party.

That's like saying the hippies who hang out in trees and attack people who do research on animals at UCSC are a "wing" of the liberal movement.

These people aren't wing anything. They are just a fringe group of loony tunes.

I mean you really only need the slightest inkling of objectivity to see this. It's not that hard dude.
I think they were being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 11:47 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Like it or not, we'll take our nutters, you guys own yours. I'll gladly take the hippies.

Y'all can also have the Dark Age theocracy that Kansas has become as well. And the people who think that voice in their head is some sort of real deity. And Hank Williams II.
Wish I could rep you again but um...yeah, what you said

Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
OK, religion is but one form of bias. Atheists are equally capable of being biased, closed minded, and prejudiced. I could make a good case that an atheist who goes so far as to go by a screen name that is offensive to people of faith probably shouldn't throw stones... Maybe there is someone going by bigdumbatheist on this forum too.
I never recalled atheist ever claiming to not be bias. Most of them are rather forthright in their opinion on religion actually. Agnostics on the other hand are who you may be thinking of.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:17 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
To get this back on topic -- they had a private funeral and Westboro, like the rest of us -- didn't know where it was.

So the dingbat crazynutters didn't get to make a scene.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:43 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
This is not even an actual church and is in no way connected to any Baptist association or convention. It is made up of the founder, Fred Phelps and mostly his family members who are almost all lawyers. They are experts in civil rights law and get most of their funding from some of the same sources as the ACLU...surprise, surprise. Also, Fred Phelps is a lifelong Democrat.

This is not related to any right wing, religious movement of any sort. To think so is to jump to incorrect conclusions which many on here do quite frequently.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
I would think some of the Gay Pride Organizations would look forward to an opportunity to take on these Kansas Tea Party Nutters head on.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
This is not even an actual church and is in no way connected to any Baptist association or convention. It is made up of the founder, Fred Phelps and mostly his family members who are almost all lawyers. They are experts in civil rights law and get most of their funding from some of the same sources as the ACLU...surprise, surprise. Also, Fred Phelps is a lifelong Democrat.

This is not related to any right wing, religious movement of any sort. To think so is to jump to incorrect conclusions which many on here do quite frequently.

source?

Old 10-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
source?

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I know someone that lives in the residential neighborhood their so- called church is in. The 'church' is really just a residential property. These people have been aquainted with the family for years, but they are not what you call friendly.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I know someone that lives in the residential neighborhood their so- called church is in. The 'church' is really just a residential property. These people have been aquainted with the family for years, but they are not what you call friendly.

They believe that Barak Obama is the Anti-Christ
They are protesting Homosexuality
Sounds like they could have Hank Jr over for dinner

Patriotic Drunk Rednecks - YouTube

Old 10-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
They believe that Barak Obama is the Anti-Christ
They are protesting Homosexuality
Sounds like they could have Hank Jr over for dinner

Patriotic Drunk Rednecks - YouTube

OOOKKKK...whatever???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland