Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM

366 posts, read 452,420 times

Advertisements

I save so much money living at home at I can drive a nice car and therefore get women better than someone with a POS 20 year old accord and a slummy apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 12:46 PM

677 posts, read 835,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
I save so much money living at home at I can drive a nice car and therefore get women better than someone with a POS 20 year old accord and a slummy apartment.
Really? What kinds of women can you get living at home with your parents?

And do you really want the kind of women who place so much importance on the car you drive?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatCurve View Post
Really? What kinds of women can you get living at home with your parents?

And do you really want the kind of women who place so much importance on the car you drive?
You'd be surprised. The women care more about what you say than where you live, and the car is excellent for perpetuating the lie. Tell her you own an apartment undergoing renovation and you have her hook line and sinker.
It's all about the smooth talking, sweet talking, and wooing more so than the car. The car is just a tool in your arsenal like a doctors scalpel.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
You'd be surprised. The women care more about what you say than where you live, and the car is excellent for perpetuating the lie. Tell her you own an apartment undergoing renovation and you have her hook line and sinker.
It's all about the smooth talking, sweet talking, and wooing more so than the car. The car is just a tool in your arsenal like a doctors scalpel.
Wow. That's just pathetic and sad. If this is all you have going for you, it sounds like your life will spiral down into misery once you get older and this shtick is all played out.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Wow. That's just pathetic and beyond sad. It sounds like your life will spiral down into misery once you get older and this shtick is all played out.
What's wrong with a little lie? Politicians do it all the time.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:39 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I'm actually surprised at the number of 30-something year old "manchilds" I see. It's about taking responsibility for your own life and not letting mommy and daddy do it for you. Really -- grow the hell up.

I do blame the parents for not teaching their children how to stand on their own two feet, but I do wonder why it seems to be the boys they coddle and not the girls.

And it's not about the economy, either. I've seen a few adults have to move back home with the parents but from all I can see that's not "coming home to mommy" -- it's more like co-housing. The few that have done that are sharing costs and pulling their own weight.

The manchild phenomena is all about Mommy taking care of Baby, so he can do his own thing and enjoy his life, because after all -- it's her responsibility. By the way -- it appears to include taking care of his children that he's having out of wedlock...

Old 05-27-2012, 01:59 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
The women you need an expensive to land are NOT the women who are going to bang some guy in his parent's basement.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:00 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,547,429 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/24485440-post4.html

Trying to figure out why this is in the San Francisco forum. According to your post in another thread you have an old Camry. Hardly a chick magnet.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/24485440-post4.html

Trying to figure out why this is in the San Francisco forum. According to your post in another thread you have an old Camry. Hardly a chick magnet.
Hey, an '89 Camry -is- a nice car for a guy living with his parents.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
If you are over the age of 25 you won't get girls unless you have your own place. Even roommates start becoming questionable after a certain age unless you live in a real high COL place and have a low paying job....but then you need a personality and I'm not sure it's going to work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland