Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 01:35 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
This is what I'm saying why I don't feel Liberals are the tolerant group... there are racists in every race and political party, but I guess because I'm not Mexican Hispanic or African American it's okay to be racist lol. What's next, you're going to say because of my heritage, it's impossible for me to be American too? Liberals and their hypocrisy, love it.
In June 2015 Dylann roof went into a church and massacred 9 people simply because they were black. They invited him into their church to share Christian fellowship but Roof was a white supremacist who waved the confederate flag and wore nazi symbols so he killed them.
Since trumps election these nazi types are saying they won the election,waving confederate flags and nazi saluting "heil trump". Schools have reported increased racial violence and harassment.
Two questions1) what liberal has recently engaged in a racist massacre ?
2)Why is this ok with you?

Old 11-30-2016, 03:46 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
In June 2015 Dylann roof went into a church and massacred 9 people simply because they were black. They invited him into their church to share Christian fellowship but Roof was a white supremacist who waved the confederate flag and wore nazi symbols so he killed them.
Since trumps election these nazi types are saying they won the election,waving confederate flags and nazi saluting "heil trump". Schools have reported increased racial violence and harassment.
Look up leftist dictators, if you think *******s only exist on the right side you are living in a fantasy. All a minority has to do to see the other side is disagree with them over and over and you'll start seeing the racism come out. We saw a small amount of that right here on this thread.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:28 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Look up leftist dictators, if you think *******s only exist on the right side you are living in a fantasy. All a minority has to do to see the other side is disagree with them over and over and you'll start seeing the racism come out. We saw a small amount of that right here on this thread.
I don't know any "lefty" person who agrees with dictatorships. I certainly don't. What are you on about? Please, dial down the hyperbolic nonsense a bit.

I agree that there is subtle, almost repressed, racism in people who might identify as "liberal" or "progressive" - but I think that is an unfortunate side effect of the racism that exists in society as a whole, and not something that is specific to "lefty" people. You'll get your point across if you come to it from the right angle (i.e. attacking people and calling them "Hypocrites!!" isn't the right way...). For example, let them know what they're saying/doing that's possibly racist, and help them see why that is offensive and/or wrong. The best way to change people's minds on something is to show them examples of the problematic behavior so they can work on it.

I would urge you to not lump all "liberals" into some huge monolithic group - just as we shouldn't lump all "conservatives" into their own monolithic group. I certainly don't think all conservatives are racists (well, no more racist than the general population), and aren't represented by or in agreement with the horrible acts that are mentioned above. I certainly don't think you are that way (I don't think).

I encourage you to treat people more like individuals with their own opinions/thoughts, rather than falling on talking points you heard on Fox News (or some other talking head right-wing program). And, again, the same advice goes for everyone.

I will say to a general point you're making - that "liberals aren't tolerant" - I'm not sure that's true. I do think that most people who identify as "liberals" aren't tolerant of intolerant views, so that might be what you're describing - for example, people aren't in favor of people's rights being taken away (especially underrepresented people who don't have a powerful voice in this country), and are rather in favor of equal treatment/rights for all people here.

And many of these people are quite adamant about their beliefs, almost to a militant degree...which I think is, unfortunately, sometimes illustrated in some of the lashing out that we see in protests (something I don't agree with - violence and destruction is almost never the right course of action, unless you're dealing with Hitler (or something similar), in which case you must fight back).

Now, sure, some policies that take this "intolerance of intolerance" mindset can get a little away from us, and sometimes end up having unintended consequences - and in those cases, we should definitely rethink/adjust those policies (whatever they are). But I think it's important to remember that the general goal is one of empathy and tolerance, which I think is reflective of most "liberal's" views.

Most "liberals" I know are very live and let live (I'm personally very much this way)...Wanna be a hippie that lives in a commune? Great, go do that! Wanna be a bible-thumping Christian? Cool! Go be that! But in either case, don't try to impose your views on the law through taking people's rights away - that's not what our country is about - or rather, not what it SHOULD be about.

*** As a final point: I put quotation marks around "liberal" and "conservative" very intentionally - I think this binary view on the world is incredibly simplistic and destructive to our society, and is one the reasons we're in such terrible shape from a political rhetoric perspective. This "either with us or against us" nonsense needs to die in a fire. We're all Americans...we're all residents of this planet...we're all humans - and we're, generally, more similar than we are different. I wish we'd try to agree and find compromise on things more often...

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 11-30-2016 at 04:44 PM..

Old 11-30-2016, 04:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Trying a little too hard?

Most of the mass shooters have been done by liberals, or at least, people who have voted democrat.

Just look at the violence perpetrated against trump supporters, it happens all the time, just isn't covered in the msm. Or how the Clinton campaign hired people, including someone who was mentally handicapped, to start fights at trump rallies. Of course you ignore these violent acts while taking the actions of one deranged person 1.5 years ago to try and claim trump is hitler.

Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Trying a little too hard?

Most of the mass shooters have been done by liberals, or at least, people who have voted democrat.

Just look at the violence perpetrated against trump supporters, it happens all the time, just isn't covered in the msm. Or how the Clinton campaign hired people, including someone who was mentally handicapped, to start fights at trump rallies. Of course you ignore these violent acts while taking the actions of one deranged person 1.5 years ago to try and claim trump is hitler.
I want to be clear you are comparing members of the Clinton campaign engaged in alleged activity that is neither illegal nor worthy of any criminal charges with A terrorist going into a house of worship and massacring 9 people because they were of a different race?

Roof is not a deranged person he is a terrorist ,a person who has engaged in violence ,murder and mayhem to advance an ideological/political movement .

Old 11-30-2016, 08:17 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
Deranged is mentally imbalanced...psychotic or otherwise severely mentally unsound... so who knows how it will go down.

If the defense makes the case Roof could be sent to Psych Facility.

No one truly knows what is in a person's heart... so the best we can do is go by their actions.

http://listverse.com/2012/04/11/top-...defense-cases/

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 11-30-2016 at 08:25 PM..

Old 11-30-2016, 09:04 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
There are many examples of minorities attacking Whites, saying I could never vote for Hillary because then these people would feel honored is as stupid as the other way around. The blonde white mother who was kidnapped and tortured for weeks was dumped off with brandings on her body, her hair cut off, broken nose, facial scars etc... her abductors were two Spanish speaking women. There is racism in every race and party. As a mixed race person i can tell you this is true.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Deranged is mentally imbalanced...psychotic or otherwise severely mentally unsound... so who knows how it will go down.

If the defense makes the case Roof could be sent to Psych Facility.

No one truly knows what is in a person's heart... so the best we can do is go by their actions.

Top 10 Most Notorious Insanity Defense Cases - Listverse
Roof has been declared mentally competent and will be acting as his own defense counsel. An insanity defense is not possible under these circumstances.
We know his motivations because he posted them online.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
There are many examples of minorities attacking Whites, saying I could never vote for Hillary because then these people would feel honored is as stupid as the other way around. The blonde white mother who was kidnapped and tortured for weeks was dumped off with brandings on her body, her hair cut off, broken nose, facial scars etc... her abductors were two Spanish speaking women. There is racism in every race and party. As a mixed race person i can tell you this is true.
I have not read anywhere that the attack you cited was racially motivated or done to promote an ideology of racially superiority while roof's attack was

Old 11-30-2016, 10:27 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
I want to be clear you are comparing members of the Clinton campaign engaged in alleged activity that is neither illegal nor worthy of any criminal charges with A terrorist going into a house of worship and massacring 9 people because they were of a different race?

Roof is not a deranged person he is a terrorist ,a person who has engaged in violence ,murder and mayhem to advance an ideological/political movement .
The Clinton campaign was caught on video admiring they hired people to commit violent acts, which is illegal.

Did Trump higher roof to do something? Did the republicans higher roof? That's right, they didn't.

In summary, the difference is the Clinton campaign hired people to commit violence and you tried to link a murder to trump because roof had a confederate flag.

Maybe you remember this nice button from Bill's first campaign. I wonder if this changes your thoughts on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland