Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:47 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,247,441 times

Advertisements

San Francisco to pay $190,000 to illegal immigrant | Daily Mail Online

People still think democracy is the best way to put intelligent people into power?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 03:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
So pathetic

Old 06-30-2017, 04:54 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
I'm surprised they didn't give him more money. Do you SF residents see how crazy you look to everyone else??

Old 07-01-2017, 01:52 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,669 times
Idiots, but I'm really annoyed at people like him who break the laws of our country and have the nerve to say what happened to him was "unfair." Give me a break.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,326,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
Idiots, but I'm really annoyed at people like him who break the laws of our country and have the nerve to say what happened to him was "unfair." Give me a break.
The only reason he can get away with this, is because the people of SF/California let him, by being "sensitive" pushovers. Illegal is illegal, it's ridiculous

Old 07-01-2017, 08:23 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
I really don't understand what current dems obsession is with open boarders and protecting people who are living here illegally. 20 years ago this wasnt a partisan issue.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:17 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,665,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
I really don't understand what current dems obsession is with open boarders and protecting people who are living here illegally. 20 years ago this wasnt a partisan issue.
Hispanic votes is the reason. The fastest growing demographic in the country.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:23 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Well you must understand "intersectionality" (a psycho-babble exercise creating a hierarchical victim list). You see, the Salvadoran "immigrant" was disadvantaged by virtue of his 'melanin level' and his socio-economic background. The patriarchal white-supremacist United States robbed the wealth of El Salvador thereby leaving the gentleman without any other option but to live in San Francisco. 190k is far too little.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:24 AM

1,274 posts, read 979,179 times
Quote:
I don't think it has anything to do with boarders per se. Just that being "illegal" doesn't mean "inhuman". Today, the law excludes those people from a certain status, but tomorrow, it could be communists, leftists, White, Muslims, Protestants, Catholics, Black, Asian, women, children, anyone called John... any definition can apply in a legal framework to make people illegal, it's totally subjective. That shouldn't deny human rights to those people.

And the intend of the law, according to the article, was to make sure everyone reports crimes instead of being afraid of deportation. I think it's a fair statement, we gain to have people reporting crimes no matter what their status is. It certainly doesn't make a crime less "criminal" just because it was on or witnessed by someone with an illegal status.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:33 AM

372 posts, read 514,037 times
Quote:
They want it for a few reasons. First is for Hispanic votes, as mentioned. Second, driving down wages (which open borders does) makes more people rely on Democrat-advocated government assistance. This brings in more votes. Finally, driving down wages brings in corporate dollars (just look at the tech industry). The current crop of Democrats want the middle and working class to be poor because it gives them more power, yet spin it in various ways to distract from that fact, like crying racism and such.

Democrats no longer represent the working and middle classes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland