Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:50 AM

5 posts, read 13,953 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I'm writing from the UK so am not sure if I am in the right place. I am trying to locate a man calling himself Roger Kellerman with an address on Talmage Road, Talmage CA. A Google search said Talmage is in Mendocino county, but did not say precisely which part of CA it is in, so I am guessing. If someone can set me straight I'd be grateful And even more so if anyone knows anything about Roger Kellerman -- who was last heard of in March 1994. He is connected with Tibetan Buddhism.
Many thanks
Pemachotse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
You didn't give an approximate age, but I did find this infor for you:
Roger Kellerman
Lecturer, Buddhist Study & Practice; Buddhist Education; General Studies
B.A. (1978), Math & Philosophy, Boston University
M.B.E. (1984), Dharma Realm Buddhist University
Could this be the right person?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 AM

Here is the contact info:

Contact Information
http://www.drbu.org/images/M_images/pdf_button.png (broken link) http://www.drbu.org/images/M_images/printButton.png (broken link) City of Ten Thousand Buddhas - Main Campus

Address: 2001 Talmage Road • Ukiah, California 95482 (for directions, see below)
Telephone: (707) 462-5486
Email: info@drbu.org This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
[LEFT]Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00-10:30 a.m.and 12:00-5:30 p.m.[/LEFT]

Old 06-19-2009, 08:06 AM

Heidi60 you are absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much. I Googled all over the place and did not come up with this.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM

He must be a great teacher so I will listen to some of the lectures on line. Check my other posts regarding my relatives in Ukraine, Poland if you know anyone there. Since I am in need of help also, I thought it might be good karma to give some. You had the right street name for Roger but the wrong city. It is just about as far north in California as possible. Enjoy and have a great reunion!

Old 06-25-2009, 09:40 AM

Hi Heidi60,
Thought you might like to know that Roger Kellerman called me the day after I emailed him -- thanks to you. He is an Englishman and a former Buddhist monk. He has lived in the Buddhist Community on Talmage Rd for app 30 years. We have never met, but I knew of him via what turned out to be a case of identity theft. Its a complicated story connected with a *bad egg* Tibetan lama called Sogyal Rinpoche. So sorry but I don't know anyone in Ukraine or Poland.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemachotse View Post
*bad egg* Tibetan lama

Sounds like a good band name. WTF is it?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:26 PM

My Geography was way off! Ukiah is about three hours north of the City (S.F.) not on the northern edge of the state. I was thinking of another town. I am sorry to hear about Sogyal Rinpoche but it sounds like something good came out in the end. It is regrettable that people will hijack anything for a buck.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:53 AM

Thanks Heidi60. In fact the Buddhist Community where Roger lives is in Talmage, not Ukiah -- but they are close neighbours (by USA standards!). Everything around Sogyal is murky -- especially his sex life. He was sued for sexual assault in Santa Cruz CA in 1993. There's lots on him in Google if you want to be depressed. Otherwise plenty of authentic Tib Budh lamas around in CA.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 AM

It seems Ireland is having an interesting time with that chap. Shock at lama Sogyal Rinpoche's past - Times Online
I have heard of his books but didn't read any of them and now probably won't as I wouldn't want to know someone like that. Sadly, there are many "spiritual leaders" who violate their sacred trust and I too have met some on my journey. When one such person got within 20 feet of me, I could not get away from him fast enough. Years later, I found out my instincts were totally corrorect as his poison had infected most of the congregation.
I am happy you are in contact with Roger and hope all is well with both of you. Let nothing disturb your own peace.
I don't known how much we should discuss this on City-Data so if you have more about Sogyal, you might want to consider sending a direct private message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose