Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,522 times

Advertisements

How clueless can the San Jose Mercury News be?

On the front page of the Peninsula section is a big photo, and article about the quote, "hungry" lining up for Thanksgiving handouts....

...yet all the people standing in line look like they are 50 pounds OVER weight AT LEAST, some clinically OBESE....

The folks at the Merc. should, should have the sense to produce propaganda that is a LITTLE less see through....Ya know? If your tying to guilt trip the yuppies in to coughing up more (blood) money for food for the oh-sooooooo oppressed and the oh soooooo worthy...then at LEAST go out and round up truly skinny people so that your staged photos carry some....ahem...WEIGHT....

The people standing in that line did NOT need to eat more, what they need perhaps is taxpayer funded health care, say for screening for diabetes and heart disease, judging by the way they all obviously consume mass quantities....

NOW THAT would be a good propaganda line for the Jerk-Merc to pursue...."look at all the poor people who are soooo depressed at not being granted housing and six-figure salaries based on spurious grounds...that they EAT themselves to death...." We are all SOOOOO guilt of belittling them that we have to PAY ALL THEIR MEDICAL BILLS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 12:15 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,161,273 times
Poverty and obesity go hand in hand, you have to recognize that. The poor may not be emaciated but they are certainly malnourished.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:33 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,584,330 times
Um, ok. Agree with a lot of what you're sayin but not sure it should be posted here. Is there a "rant and rave" section of this forum??

Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
How clueless can the San Jose Mercury News be?

On the front page of the Peninsula section is a big photo, and article about the quote, "hungry" lining up for Thanksgiving handouts....

...yet all the people standing in line look like they are 50 pounds OVER weight AT LEAST, some clinically OBESE....

The folks at the Merc. should, should have the sense to produce propaganda that is a LITTLE less see through....Ya know? If your tying to guilt trip the yuppies in to coughing up more (blood) money for food for the oh-sooooooo oppressed and the oh soooooo worthy...then at LEAST go out and round up truly skinny people so that your staged photos carry some....ahem...WEIGHT....

The people standing in that line did NOT need to eat more, what they need perhaps is taxpayer funded health care, say for screening for diabetes and heart disease, judging by the way they all obviously consume mass quantities....

NOW THAT would be a good propaganda line for the Jerk-Merc to pursue...."look at all the poor people who are soooo depressed at not being granted housing and six-figure salaries based on spurious grounds...that they EAT themselves to death...." We are all SOOOOO guilt of belittling them that we have to PAY ALL THEIR MEDICAL BILLS!
Wow! The arrogance of your post astounds me. Healthy, raw food is expensive. Good for you that you can afford it. Cheap, McDonalds is not healthy and a lot cheaper than Whole Foods.

Wow, I fully expect a post like this in my native NJ but my former state of residence: California...I really expect more from you...wow is all I can say...wow (scratching her head)

Shanny

Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,522 times
Here's the latest from the Jerk...

The economy is rapidly tanking (thanks mostly to imposed bad home loans..) the incoming administration is already saddled with a rapidly mushrooming scandal and Lord only knows how much damage this will do ....but not to worry!

Because the Obama team knows how to shoot hoop! YEA BABY!!! (Jerk-urea news, today front page...)

That's right! The incoming administration has a bunch of well-heeled street-tough B-ballers and wow won't they get it on....and won't they just get it done!

Here....since the Jerk-U-rea K'news is so addicted to 18 year old group mentality, old enough to vote but not old enough to think....and since they are so addicted to the unbelievably TRITE tongue-in-cheek sound-bite reporting....lets' give em' a hand!

The Obama administration will be a SLAM DUNK on this issue!

The Obama administration scores a three-pointer at the summit with the Russians!

The Obama administration trips on a team mate and gets fouled up again.....and again...and again...Blago is naming names....and names....and more names....there's some finger-pointing on the court.....Blago is getting into a fight with his team captain...Emanuel...this doesn't look too good folks! The refs' and coach Obama are trying to pull them apart....And sooooo let's go to a commercial....

...and...

The Obama administration looses at the buzzer......

Old 12-22-2008, 06:09 PM

44 posts, read 177,159 times
I didn't read the piece you're referring to, but I've heard that Obama likes basketball before.

I don't really see how the fact that he likes to play basketball, means that he won't be able to address economic issues. I'm sure GWB and Clinton had their own hobbies - what the president does on his personal time is irrelevant to his job (usually - as long as it's not getting plastered every night).

But a story about the more human side of the president-elect doesn't strike me as a terrible thing.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:18 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,584,330 times
Don't feed the troll. This person often posts these rants, but never responds to any of the replies on the thread.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:00 PM

58 posts, read 274,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Healthy, raw food is expensive.
(
Actually, Whole Foods is expensive, healthy raw food doesn't have to be.
I have lived inexpensively this way.
But then if one insists on organic then that raises the bar.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:05 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,037,723 times
Can anyone get the op off of this forum?..i mean i might not be the greatest fan of our area..but i know for certain that the people here are not that arrogant...go sharks!!..merry x-mass..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: