Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:45 PM

136 posts, read 161,736 times

Advertisements

"We found out the hard way, as many of us have, that in season, you have to get to your favorite restaurants a little earlier than you do in off-season,unless waiting in a long line for a table,only to find out, they ran out of your favorite food or beverage, does'nt bother you (:"

If you want to beat a snowbird to dinner I hope you are hungry at 3 pm.....

I'm skipping snowbird season this year and making my annual trip to Sarasota in early Saunatember. Of course less oldies = more sweat. Florida math 101.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 12:53 AM

66 posts, read 190,744 times
41 should be officially declared a war zone from November-April. It's every man/woman for themselves!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginnokomis View Post
41 should be officially declared a war zone from November-April. It's every man/woman for themselves!
you guy totally exaggerate lol it gets a little congested up by the mall but not exactly a war zone lol

Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
the real war zone is the walmart parking lot in venice. actually not a war zone but more like bumper cars or a demolition derby.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
agree that the WalMart there can be a very dangerous spot
whether you are pushing a cart or trying to get in/out of the lot

we are coming in latter part of March--bringing my husband's sister who has not been to that part of FL before--
she celebrated her 80th birthday in Dec so it is kind of present for her
looking forward to MOST of the aspects of the trip--
and my husband is the world's best driver who never loses his cool even when surrounded by snowbirds.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:00 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
even up the odds and let the 80 year old do the driving

Old 03-08-2011, 10:16 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,000,102 times
The driving is dangerous during season...I won't lie. But I have to share this story; I got a new car in December and in January we had a few days of really foggy mornings. I left my house and was driving down 776 (4 lane road plus center turn lane) and there was a couple out walking that were in the center turn lane waiting to cross the road. I was fidgeting with my headlights because the "auto on" feature wasn't working. Well, the walkers must have thought I was flashing my lights telling them to cross! I looked up, and they were walking across! I almost ran them over. I guess what I'm saying, is it's not only the 80-YO's that sometimes have a little trouble, it's the 30-somethings too!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 AM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Passed by a wreck on Fruitville @ Lockwood Ridge this beautiful spring morning, traffic was backed up East to just about past McIntosh. It looked NASTY. STH had the location but no further information, curious as to what occured.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 AM

66 posts, read 190,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
you guy totally exaggerate lol it gets a little congested up by the mall but not exactly a war zone lol
then you ain't been to Venice my friend

Old 03-09-2011, 12:38 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginnokomis View Post
then you ain't been to Venice my friend
maybe it's just that i have been driving in NY for my whole life lol I am used to being very cautious and aware of the drivers around me. the biggest problem i see here is people don't seem to be aware of the drivers around them (pedestrians also) people don't even LOOK when they pull out of parking spots lol

haha i went to siesta key beach at noon yesterday and got a parking spot! does that make me hardcore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area