Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:10 AM

389 posts, read 586,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
i'm not buying that they were lured to newtown by women....the girls they were seen talking to on camera were very attractive as im sure all the other women they chatted up in the bars were. do u think a few of these very clean, good looking girls were part of a scheme with gang thugs from newtown?? please. unless somewhere along the line they got off script and ran into some really sketchy women and took the bait. i just doubt they'd be lookin to run off with some thuggish girls that were connected to the newtown scene
This was a local crime commited by Sarasotans against 2 innocent English tourists, it doesn't really matter how they ended up in that craphole. I'm surprised you have ghettos so close to city centres full of people with guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 05:20 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,152,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
You don't sound like you've even been to the UK let alone spent 50 years there.... lol
really thats quite bizarre seeing as I am English, was born there , lived there until last year (near to London too) so maybe i just have.

Oh and PS i have also seen a bit of the world too and honestly -I would rather live in Sarasota than Edinburgh

Old 04-28-2011, 05:21 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,693 times
I agree England is much more civilized. Take a look at the elderly couple who were attacked in their own bed on Good Friday. An 80 year old man and his 77 year old wife go to bed only to be woken up by 3 people with knives and hammers. Oh yes, much more civilized to be slashed, beaten and chopped up in your own bed in England. And yes, much more palpable when police call it a "one off".
And everyone who's been to Europe knows Paris is so much nicer to visit than London.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
really thats quite bizarre seeing as I am English, was born there , lived there until last year (near to London too) so maybe i just have.

Oh and PS i have also seen a bit of the world too and honestly -I would rather live in Sarasota than Edinburgh
Not even sure you're in FL since you won't go to any meet-ups

Old 04-28-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
I agree England is much more civilized. Take a look at the elderly couple who were attacked in their own bed on Good Friday. An 80 year old man and his 77 year old wife go to bed only to be woken up by 3 people with knives and hammers. Oh yes, much more civilized to be slashed, beaten and chopped up in your own bed in England. And yes, much more palpable when police call it a "one off".
And everyone who's been to Europe knows Paris is so much nicer to visit than London.
Look at the murder rate in the US then look at the murder rate in the UK.

I rest my case.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:12 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,307 times
Quote:
I rest my case.
Why does everyone on this board all of a sudden have a "case?"

Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Not even sure you're in FL since you won't go to any meet-ups

Really so first I have never been to the Uk now I'm not in Fla......wish I knew where the heck i was then....hang on ...looks out the window -blue sky, 80+ degrees ---shoot I must be in Edinburgh then

WTF does it matter to you where I am, the point is you keep making the UK out to be paradise and slagging off Sarasota/Florida -try looking closer to home pal

Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,143,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
interesting no guns, and there is still murder?

wait, knives and hammers dont kill people, people with knives and hammers kill people.

damn, i would rather get shot.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Why does everyone on this board all of a sudden have a "case?"
i have a case -use it to carry my baggage in when I fly.....

Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
interesting no guns, and there is still murder?

wait, knives and hammers dont kill people, people with knives and hammers kill people.

damn, i would rather get shot.
of course there are guns it just the bad boys who have them so the good guys cant defend themselves.

there was a famous quote from Prince Philip (never known for his sensitivity or tact) afew years ago after a mass shooting and an outcry for the ban of guns...he said 'so if someone battered a person to death with a cricket bat, would there be an outcry for banning cricket ?'

the point being exactly as you have said its the people who kill not the weapons ---hey maybe we can ban -PEOPLE !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area