Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,736,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Well,we haven't had the homicides or violent crimes that Lakewood Ranch had.
Are you referring to the one murder and one home invasion that's taken place since 1995? Are those the violent crimes you are talking about?

These outlandish comments you continually make...I'll ask again. Do you have an agenda of some kind? There's nothing wrong with having one. Mine is to offer good advice and information while refuting incorrect information. What's yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM

287 posts, read 589,722 times
Example: Comparing the two ranches:

Palmer vs. Lakewood

2010 Crime Rate Indexes Sarasota, FL 34238 Bradenton, FL 34202 United States Total Crime Risk 10 29 100 Murder Risk 22 61 100 Rape Risk 29 59 100 Robbery Risk 8 68 100
Just trying to state the facts for people to see..

On average about 3x more likely to be murdered, raped and robbed (even more) in Lakewood rather than Palmer.

I think it has to do with the east/west highways I mentioned earlier in this post.

City-data shows many more sex offenders in 34202 lakewood ranch compared to palmer.

Just making sure people know what they are buying is my agenda.

Isn't your agenda to help people buy WHEREVER they want regardless of crime?

Doesn't your profession disallow you to make crime comparisons of different neighborhoods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Are you referring to the one murder and one home invasion that's taken place since 1995? Are those the violent crimes you are talking about?

These outlandish comments you continually make...I'll ask again. Do you have an agenda of some kind? There's nothing wrong with having one. Mine is to offer good advice and information while refuting incorrect information. What's yours?

Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Example: Comparing the two ranches:

Palmer vs. Lakewood

2010 Crime Rate Indexes Sarasota, FL 34238 Bradenton, FL 34202 United States Total Crime Risk 10 29 100 Murder Risk 22 61 100 Rape Risk 29 59 100 Robbery Risk 8 68 100
Just trying to state the facts for people to see..

On average about 3x more likely to be murdered, raped and robbed (even more) in Lakewood rather than Palmer.

I think it has to do with the east/west highways I mentioned earlier in this post.

City-data shows many more sex offenders in 34202 lakewood ranch compared to palmer.

Just making sure people know what they are buying is my agenda.

Isn't your agenda to help people buy WHEREVER they want regardless of crime?

Doesn't your profession disallow you to make crime comparisons of different neighborhoods?
I can't tell what your info is saying so I can't comment but, if there's only been one murder in LWR (according to published accounts) I don't really get how anyone can be three times more likely to be murdered. I don't know about the rest but I do know that in any comparison, you have to measure the number of incidents against the number of people there. I don't know if your data shows that because I don't understand what you wrote. I'll take your word for the sex offenders because I'm too bored with this stuff to check.

Regarding our comparative agendas, I was referring to our time spent here on CD. I'll let our posts speak for themselves.

Regarding my profession, agents are not supposed to provide false or unsubstantiated information to customers. I direct my customers to go to websites that report crime, call PDs and Sheriff's offices for information, and not to rely on anecdotal opinions and accounts. I also tell them that LWR has its share of crime so they should not be lulled into a false sense of security, particularly in a gated community.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,708 times
Come on...this has to be the son....no?

Detectives closer to arrest in murder of Ina Gross | HeraldTribune.com

Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM

Obrero the cops wouldn't be so quick to return the son's passports if he was guilty, now would they??

Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM

41 posts, read 148,029 times
WantPalmerRanch,

You are so wrong. Murdering is prohibited by the town hall. If you murder someone here I am sure that it will violate the strict HOA Restrictions and result in a fine.

You can't even move a bush here without the HOA knowing about it let alone engaging in criminal mischief.

Those fake news stories are obviously produced by Palmer Ranch to dissuade people from moving into this wonderfully friendly "community".

Old 01-21-2012, 08:37 AM

Are you insinuating Mrs. Gross was actually a Rubber Doll planted on the garage floor by Palmer Ranch for a fake story??

Poppycock!! I will have no more of this nonsense. Touche'

Old 01-21-2012, 08:57 AM

The subject here is a murder. Not really a thread for cracking jokes, IMHO.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
The subject here is a murder. Not really a thread for cracking jokes, IMHO.
That's correct Marcy, no more jokes please!! It's not fitting here. If you were serious - conspiracies didn't happen here. It's all true..

Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 AM

43 posts, read 80,030 times
I love Lakewood Ranch and can't wait to move there! I was very sorry to read about the murder there. On Long Island We have a serial killer, 4 people were killed about 10 minutes from my house (The Medford Pharmacy Shooting) and well, since the dawn of time, crime has existed everywhere. I don't really understand this Palmer Ranch vs Lakewood Ranch thing going on. They are both great communities and have wonderful things to offer for everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area