Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,559 times

Advertisements

Places where you should not move:

Riverside CA, where it is illegal for people to kiss on the lips without rinsing with carbonized rose water first.

In Alabama, it is illegal to play dominos where billiard tables are also present.

In Nebraska, a bar cannot serve beer unless soup is also available.

In South Carolina, kids are not permitted to play pinball machines.

You might never get off the phone in these places, as so many people would require the swift hand of Citizens' Justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 12:13 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Places where you should not move:

Riverside CA, where it is illegal for people to kiss on the lips without rinsing with carbonized rose water first.

In Alabama, it is illegal to play dominos where billiard tables are also present.

In Nebraska, a bar cannot serve beer unless soup is also available.

In South Carolina, kids are not permitted to play pinball machines.

You might never get off the phone in these places, as so many people would require the swift hand of Citizens' Justice.
Or anywhere near me. Thank you.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM

8,064 posts, read 4,639,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Or anywhere near me. Thank you.
No worries. By the way - I saw a wonderful rundown trailer park in Bradenton - I think you would fit in quite nicely with the folks there - Don't worry I'll stay away - not the crowd that I run with.

Last edited by wondermint2; 11-10-2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 02:04 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,071,773 times
Garbage pick up for my area is Tuesday. Every Monday night, people in pick up trucks drive around my sub division looking for anything they think might have some re-sale value and they take anything that is metal.
It's sad to see that people have to do this to make a few bucks. Looks like some people haven't gotten the memo that Santa Claus is still alive, doing very well and taking care of alot of people [and not only on 12/25]

Old 11-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Garbage pick up for my area is Tuesday. Every Monday night, people in pick up trucks drive around my sub division looking for anything they think might have some re-sale value and they take anything that is metal.
It's sad to see that people have to do this to make a few bucks. Looks like some people haven't gotten the memo that Santa Claus is still alive, doing very well and taking care of alot of people [and not only on 12/25]
Thank you for making a post that adds to the overall topic without resorting to name-calling and insults. It seems that some other posters (when unable to debate effectively, prove their point with facts, links, sound reasoning etc), - get bewildered and instead just hurl out insults to those with an opposing viewpoint.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM

509 posts, read 907,073 times
Life by a dumpster apparently makes people grouchy.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
Life by a dumpster apparently makes people grouchy.
OK I forgive you Frida. Thank you for explaining your grouchiness.

By the way such an intellect you have dear.

Just do a Google search about mandatory recycling and you'll see that many cities across America have laws and stiff penalties in place. They also ENCOURAGE "good citizens" to report all violators. Now notice please that I supply a link to back up my claim as factual. Here are the rules from Haward, CA:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...7TTrS2BA6Tle1w

From above linked document:

"Escalating fines of $100, $200, $500"

also

"Residents urged to report all scavenging to HDP Dispatch"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm... Why is it that cities all across the country urge businesses to recycle, enforce stiff fines if they don't comply, and urge good citizens to report violators to the authorities?????

I wonder why.

Last edited by wondermint2; 11-10-2012 at 04:21 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Folks, please stop bickering back & forth or an interesting thread will have to be closed.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frida7 View Post
Sorry Wondermint, every time God rebukes, he makes sure humans were told what was expected. You do not know if management is aware of this situation.
Take the advice above and get help.
You said you did research, you should have done that first rather than bothering everyone here with your trolling.
I'm done feeding you, and you, sir have a bridge to protect.
"Sorry Wondermint, every time God rebukes, he makes sure humans were told what was expected."

Link please? I'm sorry but without a link to back up your statement it doesn't mean much to me. And anyway it's not as if the fine is a 10 year prison sentence. I believe the first offense is a $100 fine.

Second - ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law. Haven't you heard that before dear?

Third I don't think my neighbor is ignorant of the law. It's a big major successful restaurant that's been in business for many years. On weekends the place is packed.

Last edited by wondermint2; 11-10-2012 at 04:18 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Wrong. I researched it and recycling by businesses is also mandatory in the county. Research it further....

I don't really care enough to research it. I was going by what you pasted(it said City of Sarasota). I was just trying to help you because you pasted "city" info but mentioned county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area