Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:33 AM

27 posts, read 45,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFL View Post
Merry Christmas one and all and thanks for your gifts of posts throughout the year! A cold 25 in NY tonight, a dusting of snow so pretty on Christmas Eve, but can't wait to get down to Sarasota later this week!

it might reach 70 today, nice sunny day though ! I think everybody was drunk on univ yesterday by 1130 driving like fools, ditto 41, 75 ellenton exit-south to clark, also cortez to the key. Cops to be out in force starting tomorrow with checkpoints
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 12:09 PM

288 posts, read 452,814 times
Merry Christmas Dear Sunshine Rules and everybody here in the forum community

Old 12-26-2013, 04:43 PM

517 posts, read 1,092,853 times
Always appreciate your thoughtful, informative posts, Sunshine Rules. Best wishes to you and all the other helpful posters here for all good things in 2014!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:07 PM

7 posts, read 15,656 times
Default Deer Hollow?

I have seen a home I did like in Deer Hollow. I was most impressed with the location. I am trying to buy a home in decent shape for under 150K and am finding it quite challenging. I have been looking with a ready and able realtor for almost 6 months, but have found little available. I am talking to a homeowner that has not listed her home for sale yet, and would like to know if this is considered a relatively "safe" location. I have not lived in a city for quite a while. This community is very near 75 and would be a big help in commuting to my job.

The HOA is a reasonable price; it seems they are fairly laid back as some homes exceed the "neutral tones" rule in paint; I was told the management company did not respond to their request in a timely way so they could go ahead and paint it their chosen color.

I am realistic, still, local input would be so helpful! I had only several hours there to see the home, and am talking with the owner tomorrow.

Would you live there? Why or why not? I know many have asked this before; I appreciate your time and effort in responding to this specific area. Yes, I read the news article about the fellow living with his parents that ended a life many years ago, yes, I read about the pill buyers. In this price range, with limited monthly fees, and a snug budget....is this not as nice as possible, if I am realistic?

Help is always welcome, when it is asked for! Thank you in advance!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:13 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,745,652 times
I answered your other post but you might want to visit Crime Mapping - Building Safer Communities! for objective information on crime in any given area. I don't know if it is accurate or complete but it appears to be and it's better than simply asking for opinions on how "safe" a place might be. Also, keep in mind that just because a location has not had recent crime does not mean it is immune from future crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area