Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 AM

162 posts, read 388,463 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My research found that *raw milk* sold as *pet food* has been legal in Florida.

It seems that law may have changed. Do you know if raw milk CAN still be purchased, albeit as *pet food*?

If so, where would I get it in the Sarasota/Bradenton area, and how much $ for a gallon?

Thanks!
Sherri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 PM

20 posts, read 67,846 times
Try contacting Daikin Dairy out in Myakka.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:34 PM

279 posts, read 577,596 times
Daikin Dairy will not sell you raw milk. I was there recently and brought it up, out of curiosity. They won't sell it. Also, if it's being sold as "pet food" I imagine the standards are going to be below what they would allow for human consumption (besides it being raw!)

Maybe you can find a local farmer willing to sell you "buckets" that may or may not be empty *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* (that's how they did it up north! lol)

Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 AM

462 posts, read 1,706,974 times
You can buy raw milk at the Old Miakka Farmer's Market out at the Crowley Museum Saturday mornings. I've bought it several times. It was $5 a half gallon last time I got some. It went up a buck since the time before!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM

12 posts, read 31,528 times
Default Raw milk is legal in Florida

In Florida, unpasteurized dairy is licensed to be sold “for pet consumption only”. This is a wonderful gift from lawmakers designed to encourage micro/small farmers. (Residents of many other states are not so lucky.) To protect that special gift, vendors will not sell to you if you mention that you plan to drink it yourself. It is sold solely for pets. So, just don't mention that you plan to drink it yourself. Even if the vendor is drinking a glass of raw milk themselves, you are buying it for your sick pets.

I don't know specific sources in Sarasota, but try realmilk.com. eatwild.com has grass-fed/pastured meat sources, some dairy.

For the east coast of South Florida, try: Pastured / Grass Fed Dairy, Eggs & Meat in South Florida

Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Foolish people actually believe that "raw" is better? Amazing what the new age health gurus with their lack of understanding of real science can convince gullible people to believe.

Scary, scary, scary that people would drink this; even worse if they give it to their kids. THAT in my mind is criminal.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Foolish people actually believe that "raw" is better? Amazing what the new age health gurus with their lack of understanding of real science can convince gullible people to believe.

Scary, scary, scary that people would drink this; even worse if they give it to their kids. THAT in my mind is criminal.
Humans shouldn't be drinking dairy milk at all. We have switched to almond milk and we LOVE it! Takes a long time to go bad, it's low in calories, it's delicious, reasonably priced and good for you!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,506 times
Default standards are NOT lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoOsprey View Post
Daikin Dairy will not sell you raw milk. I was there recently and brought it up, out of curiosity. They won't sell it. Also, if it's being sold as "pet food" I imagine the standards are going to be below what they would allow for human consumption (besides it being raw!)

Maybe you can find a local farmer willing to sell you "buckets" that may or may not be empty *wink, wink, nudge, nudge* (that's how they did it up north! lol)

Just wanted to mention that the standards are not lower and container has been sterilized.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 8,506 times
Default so over processed dead milk is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post

Interestingly enough I would prefer to keep the good stuff for those who are not ignorant and let nature take it course. All over the world people drink raw milk, sorry that you are so brainwashed that you choose commercial and dead food over the living nutrient packed food that mother earth gives us.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,917,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneotherthangypsy54 View Post
Interestingly enough I would prefer to keep the good stuff for those who are not ignorant and let nature take it course. All over the world people drink raw milk, sorry that you are so brainwashed that you choose commercial and dead food over the living nutrient packed food that mother earth gives us.
And your scientific background is in what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area