Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 10:00 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times

Advertisements

Easy to pack in car--good wheels for rolling on soft sand--and that can hold a good bit of stuff

I know some people only take a towel and sunscreen maybe but we like some creature comforts and would prefer to use cart vs draft horses (ourselves)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 03:03 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,879 times
Mine is awesome. It is a Tommy Bahama one that is from Costco.I think I paid $49. has big wheels (2) and has a place to carry chairs, umbrella, and a deep pocket for towels,etc. I put a small cooler inside of it too but it will not carry a big cooler. There are places for everything. We look like we are homeless when we go to the beach! LOL

It collapses like a stroller and stores easily in the trunk. Easy to use and has mesh so the sand falls out easily.

BTW, I laughed out loud about your draft horses comment. That sounds like us

I found a link for one on ebay that is like mine. But this is a rip off because I paid $49.
Tommy Bahama Deluxe Wonder Wheeler Beach Cart 2014 New | eBay

Oh that thing on the back of the handle is a cooler but we didn't put that on ours since we have a bigger cooler.

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
We have Costco membership but haven't been there so far this trip
Maybe Monday--
Some of the carts with very large wheels are just super expensive and don't know if they are really that superior to others with pretty good reviews on Amazon...

Old 06-28-2014, 03:31 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,879 times
This one we have taken to the beach about 30 times and it is still like new. The crazy huge wheels are harder to pull through the sand. I saw a guy dragging one along and it didn't look like it was working.

This one has worked for us. Maybe they have new ones in but this is the one that that had about 6 months ago and I knwo the last time I was there, they still had them so they must be popular since they keep them in stock.

That bar sticking out in the front is where the chairs hang. I have carried 4 easily.

Good luck!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:46 AM

707 posts, read 1,052,687 times
Amazon has some good ones. The bigger the wheels the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area