Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,396 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the various posts related to this forum as well as the Fort Myers forum and decided to seek your help. Currently I am enjoying life and seasonal work in Northern Michigan, but it is time to start thinking about the winter months.

I read all these posts that say there are plenty of rentals available at reasonable even bargain prices, but when I search out websites, the listings are for $500.00 a week or more. Are there any desireable rentals that anyone is aware of for $700.00 to $900.00 a month furnished (Fort Meyers and vacinity area, Venice Sarasota area). If I could find a service industy job (waiting) and perhaps substitute teaching to supplement my income, I would stay till April, otherwise it will be a one month visit.

I am a semi retired single male that has a dog. I know having a dog (Airedale) will present a obstacle for some, but he is a well behaved 14 year old blind and deaf old boy. Sleeping is his main pastime. My girl friend, who is a teacher in Michigan will visit during the holidays, so I need something that will pass her inspection.

Any info or contacts will be appreciated also your thoughts on securing a seasonal job that would pay the rent.

Thanks
jctusa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 02:27 PM

4,896 posts, read 14,143,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctusa View Post
I have been reading the various posts related to this forum as well as the Fort Myers forum and decided to seek your help. Currently I am enjoying life and seasonal work in Northern Michigan, but it is time to start thinking about the winter months.

I read all these posts that say there are plenty of rentals available at reasonable even bargain prices, but when I search out websites, the listings are for $500.00 a week or more. Are there any desireable rentals that anyone is aware of for $700.00 to $900.00 a month furnished (Fort Meyers and vacinity area, Venice Sarasota area). If I could find a service industy job (waiting) and perhaps substitute teaching to supplement my income, I would stay till April, otherwise it will be a one month visit.

You are wanting a seasonal rental & those are seasonal prices....the $700 to $900/mo. rates are more along the lines of annual rent per month. You should look for furnished apts in the Sarasota Herald tribune...or call a RE broker....also, you will need to have an understanding of what neighborhood you consider to be desireable...do you want to live downtown, do you have a vehicle, do you want to be on siesta key, near the beach, on the beach...sometimes you can find rentals in that price range at strange times of the year.....it still gets "iffy" around November through May because that is "season". I'm not saying it can't be done...you just have to be industrius...

I am a semi retired single male that has a dog. I know having a dog (Airedale) will present a obstacle for some, but he is a well behaved 14 year old blind and deaf old boy. Sleeping is his main pastime. My girl friend, who is a teacher in Michigan will visit during the holidays, so I need something that will pass her inspection.
Dogs can be a deal breaker, especially in a six month rental. Most condo associations do not allow renters to have pets.

Any info or contacts will be appreciated also your thoughts on securing a seasonal job that would

I'm not trying to burst your bubble but just trying to convey the reality of the Sarasota/Bradenton area for someone looking to rent with your stipulations.

COLOR]

Thanks
jctusa
[color="Magenta"] You are going to have a tough time securing a "SEASONAL" job. We have so many out of work presently, i.e. Kohl's is opening a store in Sarasota and they had over 1,000 applicants for 150 jobs. It's dog eat dog right now....no restaurants are hiring...servers are hanging onto their shifts for dear life.../COLOR]
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area