Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM

5 posts, read 12,436 times

Advertisements

Any ideas on how to handle a school that has mishandled your child and now because the child does not trust the principal or some of the teachers, he is going to be dismissed from the school??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 05:50 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,108,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by congamama View Post
Any ideas on how to handle a school that has mishandled your child and now because the child does not trust the principal or some of the teachers, he is going to be dismissed from the school??
It is really difficult to offer advice without knowing all the circumstances.

But, I think that in general the whole school system is not usually at sole fault. Trust has to be given and received among all parties. Trust is the basis of almost all relationships, either; student/teacher, parent/teacher, incumbent/employer, father/son, doctor/patient, husband/wife, if there is lack of trust the outcome is generally not going to be good. Meet, discuss whatever the issues are, openly, honestly, head-on, try to reach a concensous as to the solution. Be positive and open, you may find an ally.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:41 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,182,207 times
For child to be dismissed from school it must have been something major. No children that i know are dismissed without prior warnings.
If teacher is at fault, you can contact Sarasota County School Board.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:04 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,108,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
For child to be dismissed from school it must have been something major. No children that i know are dismissed without prior warnings.
If teacher is at fault, you can contact Sarasota County School Board.
I would tend to agree. It would be a sad thing, if all these people who became teachers because they love working with children, are trying to tell a parent something they see, and the parent doesn't head the advice. The parent my look back later, like so many have, and say, "If I'd only listened then!"

Hopefully through communication they can work this through. If the school offers some corrective advise she needs to implement it, and they need to trust she will. She needs to trust that they are offering warranted advice too. If not, they will kick the child out to serve and protect the needs of the many kids that attend, and that won't help her child. Again, hopefully they can reach a concensous and work it out, but doing nothing, IMHO won't help. Oh, listening is important too.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 PM

5 posts, read 12,436 times
Thanks for the feed back. to let you know we have worked with the school on getting the child back on track. With regret the prinpical was not very good at relay what happen and the story was different on paper compared to the phone call. We(the parents) have to work harder at the new school because he was dismissed from the school choice, but his twin brother was more than welcome to stay at the school. The really sad part is the prinpical was surprised when we advised that we would be moving both students to a new school. Hopefully, we can get better results in a new enviroment for the boys. Oh by the way, the school board always supports the schools and staff no matter how much you prove them wrong, sometimes I wish I had a boss that would cover up for me but than I would not learn to be a better person and admit that I did wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area