Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,265,962 times

Advertisements

So, my family moved to this area almost 5 years ago. Prior to the move, I stumbled across this forum. It helped me out so much! Every fear was put to rest, EVERY question I had was answered. I am still using this forum for everyday things and I love it. Call it a "concierge forum" for those that are relocating, right? We have people here who are experts in fishing, real estate, education, and more. There are foodies, cynics, artsy people and party animals, early birds and all nighters Besides that, there are natives and those that have relocated, those in process of doing so, and those that can only dream!

I want to encourage everyone who is relocating, to remain loyal to CD and it will not fail you. There is no question to small, or challenging!
I love all my Cd friends (BH, SoFLGal and the rest!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 09:17 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,099,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
So, my family moved to this area almost 5 years ago. Prior to the move, I stumbled across this forum. It helped me out so much! Every fear was put to rest, EVERY question I had was answered. I am still using this forum for everyday things and I love it. Call it a "concierge forum" for those that are relocating, right? We have people here who are experts in fishing, real estate, education, and more. There are foodies, cynics, artsy people and party animals, early birds and all nighters Besides that, there are natives and those that have relocated, those in process of doing so, and those that can only dream!

I want to encourage everyone who is relocating, to remain loyal to CD and it will not fail you. There is no question to small, or challenging!
I love all my Cd friends (BH, SoFLGal and the rest!)
Thanks Oobie, but you are really one of the most helpful posters around too. So you get an ATTA-GIRL pat on the back. You are a great contributor. I agree, this forum has been very helpful to me.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:18 PM

531 posts, read 1,162,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Thanks Oobie, but you are really one of the most helpful posters around too. So you get an ATTA-GIRL pat on the back. You are a great contributor. I agree, this forum has been very helpful to me.
Ohhhh, and a BIGGG thank you from US, too! We LOVE this forum, and have found all the information such a huge help to us! Thank you, thank you!

Old 04-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Thanks Jon.. I never thought my moving experience would cause me to be a relocation aficianado..but I enjoy it. Sometimes if I don't log on, I worry that someone is in need out there LOL..And you have also become quite the fisherman's friend!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:32 PM

477 posts, read 988,000 times
Oobie, your message is very encouraging to those of us who are yet to be there. And there seems to be quite a few of us right now. I hope to have some words of wisdom for others as we gain knowledge throughout this adventure. Yes, it is an adventure, even though it has taken dh and I all day just to purge our walk-in closet today....sigh...pinot grigio at sunset....pinot grigio at sunset....can't wait for that.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:09 PM

So True, you are planning on getting here when?..I forget, too many of you newbies! : )

Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 PM

475 posts, read 901,413 times
I agree, this has been the site I turn to the most. Not just for info but for inspiration until I get down there. Looking forward to seeing as many sunsets from the island beaches as I can as well as fishing and walking the beaches for exercise after enjoying a meal at one of the outside restaurants. Hope to be moved down by July.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 AM

49 posts, read 94,502 times
The wife and I are starting our move on May 1st. 5000 miles from Anchorage to North Port. I want to add my thanks to all the helpful posters on this forum also. I don't post very often myself, but I've enjoyed reading the contributions and have gotten lots of helpful bits of info over the past couple years. Still cold here with good chance for more snow tonight, so I can't wait to make the move. If any of you would like fishing advice for Alaska, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Thanks again.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 PM

151 posts, read 559,809 times
Agreed. I have posted on a few different forums while trying to decide where to relocate and this one has been by far the most friendly, encouraging and helpful group of people out there. I can't tell you how discouraging some people can be in other areas. It's great to know that even though the economy has hit almost everyone pretty hard there are still those of you out there that can be a positive influence. You guys are awesome and it is because of how great everyone has been that I am even more excited to get down there.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,099,354 times
I hope you guys keep in mind that if you are coming down in July, you are coming at just about the hottest time of the year, and not being used to it, you may be overwhelmingly surprised how hot it is. It takes time to adapt to the heat you will face if that's when you come here, but then September through May will come, and you'll love it.

I love the heat, but in fairness I know what to expect. If you don't know what to expect, it can take your breath away, until you get used to it. If you are used to cold weather, and haven't experienced this heat, it can shock your system. Bring your sun screen! ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area