Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 PM

23 posts, read 59,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by secoise View Post
Well my train of thought is that she is an animal first, just like any other animal. Animals survive on their own all the time without human intervention, and she's survived well enough on her own before.
I just noticed the thread is saying Savanah, GA area....how about this place for starters...
www.COASTALPETRESCUE.org.....they sound really good. If after 5pm, oyu may have to call tomorrow, deopends on the hours. REad the site, they are good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Well my train of thought is that she is an animal first, just like any other animal. Animals survive on their own all the time without human intervention, and she's survived well enough on her own before.
Here is Coastal Pet Rescue number if it has not been changed: (912) 228-3538.
Also there is an SPCA in Chatham County that works with all the area rescues. And more.
I will post them all, if you would like.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 PM

26 posts, read 108,026 times
Quote:
I'm going to volunteer in Cambodia for a year, and I can't find anyone to take her. She was a stray for most of her life but now she is domesticated. I only have a few days left to give her away. If I can't find anyone then I have to release her
She is super friendly. Loves being pet around the face, but she's still getting used to being picked up and doesn't like it quite yet. When I first got her, she refused to have anything to do with me but now she sleeps with me every night. She really needs a good home
Is she declawed? We live on Wilmington Island and may be interested but only if you are not able to find a home for her at the last minute. I rarely get on city data so it is better to email me at rick.edwards@zoho.com, but I will check this site for the next few days.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdinga View Post
Is she declawed? We live on Wilmington Island and may be interested but only if you are not able to find a home for her at the last minute. I rarely get on city data so it is better to email me at rick.edwards@zoho.com, but I will check this site for the next few days.
I hope the owner will consider your offer. I just wanted to thank you for your kindness anyway.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 5,811 times
She is not declawed. I always thought you should never declaw cats :/ But, thats my personal belief. I love the cat and everything, but she can survive just as well as any other wild animal. Are you guys going to rescue other wild animals? I extended my stay a little to see if I can give her to a good home. And if worse comes to worse I'll drop her off at a shelter.

I live in Hinesville, but I can meet you half way.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
I hope it works out, would also email the person privately at the email addy given.

<<
Is she declawed? We live on Wilmington Island and may be interested but only if you are not able to find a home for her at the last minute. I rarely get on city data so it is better to email me at rick.edwards@zoho.com, but I will check this site for the next few days. >>

Old 06-21-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
She is not declawed. I always thought you should never declaw cats :/ But, thats my personal belief. I love the cat and everything, but she can survive just as well as any other wild animal. Are you guys going to rescue other wild animals? I extended my stay a little to see if I can give her to a good home. And if worse comes to worse I'll drop her off at a shelter.

I live in Hinesville, but I can meet you half way.
This is the thing...your cst is NOT a wild animal..but a domestic one that was forced to live outside. Your cat is not like the racoons for goodness sake. Is a homeless person a wild person? Cats who dont have homes suffer and die young...I really do not understand how you think cats are wild! They are left with no choice. Do you thonk csts are known for lovong toys and cozy sleeping spaces and toys and belly rubs because they are wild?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Rdinga, what a wonderful thing you are doing. I've been doing cat rescue for a few years - and the rewards are wonderful. Such loving pets.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 PM

6 posts, read 5,811 times
She was living outside on her own for several years. When I first took her in it was quite obvious she was used to being outside. And I've only had her for around 2~3 months.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
She was living outside on her own for several years. When I first took her in it was quite obvious she was used to being outside. And I've only had her for around 2~3 months.
You should glance at this article before you release a cat into the wild.

http://www.abcbirds.org/abcprograms/.../predation.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area