Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:35 PM

474 posts, read 588,237 times

Advertisements

I stand by my statement that this Kroger is more like a Walmart.

The stores at Berwick and Richmond Hill are a prototype from 10 years ago.

This article mentions this is the largest Kroger store in Georgia and is a prototype that has only been built in about 70 other locations. The article also mentions there will be jewelry, Levi's, Skecher's, New Balance, Housewares, Toys, and Furniture.

Plus the store is 125,000 square feet which is about the size of the Walmart across from Savannah Mall.

Biggest Kroger in Georgia opens today | savannahnow.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:50 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
How much y'all wanna bet they build one of these in Pooler next?

Old 04-02-2014, 01:57 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I went there today, but I didn't spend any time looking at clothing or housewares. The parking lot is still unfinished, so its chaotic. The store is nice, but I'm not making a special trip to go there. I'll take my nice convenient Publix.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I went there today, but I didn't spend any time looking at clothing or housewares. The parking lot is still unfinished, so its chaotic. The store is nice, but I'm not making a special trip to go there. I'll take my nice convenient Publix.
How were the crowds?

Old 04-03-2014, 05:57 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
How were the crowds?
It was very busy, the aisles were a bit congested, but not terrible. A lot of employees were stationed all over to assist customers. They have a lot of self checkouts, so I didn't have to wait.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM

OK, I went ... and it wasn't that great. Sure, it's big. But I don't think it's that much bigger than the Berwick store or several Metro Atlanta stores I've been in. Basically, it's just a big Kroger. The clothing department is pretty small, tucked back in the left corner next to dairy (oddly enough). In fact, the layout of the store isn't very inspiring IMO and outside of the aisles being pretty wide and the merchandise spaced pretty far apart, there's nothing remarkable about it. The checkout lanes seemed especially cramped (there's very little space between the ends of the checkouts and the front wall of the store, and the two entrances flank the far ends of both sides). The exterior of the store is even less inspiring. YAWN! It's just ugly. UGLY! And though I know they're far from finished with the parking lot and all, it's pretty ugly too. I was hoping / expecting something along the lines of the Savannah Mall Wal-mart, which is a beautiful store inside and out. That was a LEEDS project, using recycled materials in construction. And it has ample landscaping. Kroger has none.

This is just a Kroger on steroids ... and it shows, zits and all.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 PM

975 posts, read 1,150,159 times
We went in tonight. I agree - the aisles are way too narrow - just like all the Krogers I've ever seen. The layout is a bit helter-skelter, too, and I can't imagine how they could waste so much space on what have to be much slower turnover items in housewares. The food aisles can only stand to have two carts side-by-side. I think it's ironic that such a huge place can feel so claustrophobic. Meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area