Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 4,508 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move to Savannah this year and noticed there are alot of master planned communities with seemingly similar amenities. My price is $375,000 to $500,000. I wanted to know which ones are the best for families and what are the communities like. I have looked at brochures of ones in Chattam and Pooler like: Southbridge, The Enclave, Westbrook, The Gates,as well as others on the Islands like Isle of Hope and still others in Richmond Hill. My daughter is Pre K and we would want her to go to a good public or private program close by. We would also take this approach for her education, but that's 2 years off. Can anyone let me know the differences in all these golf / recreational oriented master planned communities?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
The newer planned communities do not have the established neighborhood "feel" The areas where they are, are from one end of the county to the other with the City of Savannah and all it's shopping, traffic,etc. in between.

Your best bet would be to drive around and see for yourself. There are some in heavily wooded areas and others in blah totally cleared ex-farm land. Some near shopping with little yard to worry about, and others with enough land to have a swimming pool. It would be difficult to tell you about all of them.

The only one I can comment on is Isle of Hope. It's been around since 1734, and all the available lots were built on years ago. It's not what you call a planned community. There are several in the Isle of Hope AREA that might suit you.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 PM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
With all of the bureaucracy developers face everything must be a "planned community"
Many of the Pooler/ West side Planned Communities are along I-95/I-16 convenient but separated from the traffic noise by a 'berm'
I live a mile from I-95 and still am bugged by the noise, it is especially loud in winter. Soon I-95 will become a 8-lane *&%#* and I-16 to 6-lanes

Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,441 times
Hi,
I am thinking about relocating to the Savannah area and recently looked at and liked the Southbridge area. Any thoughts on the area? Also considering the Blufton, SC area.
We are "semi retired" but active and at lean toward the liberal side.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:46 AM

726 posts, read 3,601,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatiBurgess View Post
Hi,
I am thinking about relocating to the Savannah area and recently looked at and liked the Southbridge area. Any thoughts on the area? Also considering the Blufton, SC area.
We are "semi retired" but active and at lean toward the liberal side.
The West Chatham and Bluffton and Sun City are horribly Conservative
you should look "On Island" or Downtown Savannah, or "The Islands"

Old 09-14-2017, 04:12 PM

1 posts, read 964 times
I just moved to Southbridge and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!! Too much noise, covenants not complied with unethical Realitors. People parking 4-6 cars all over the lawns. Trash Cans not taken in on time. What a dump yet houses are 300-500K. Be careful what street you buy on because some sections don't have as many problems as others. I wanted a water view and was caught up in that not looking at the rest of what was happening on the street. In addition, I had a Realtor that was both listing and selling agent. Under GA law she was required to have a written statement signed by both of us acknowledging this; but, she didn't do it. Really bad experience and full of regret. DON'T BUY HERE!!!!!

Old 09-15-2017, 07:22 AM

370 posts, read 325,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
The West Chatham and Bluffton and Sun City are horribly Conservative
you should look "On Island" or Downtown Savannah, or "The Islands"

Downtown, maybe. HHI, maybe. Chatham Islands, nope. No need to infect them.

Love,

A horrible Conservative.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,644,313 times
Personally-if you have that big of a budget, why would you want to be in a place with a HOA? There are plenty of places around to find a home that would suit your needs and not have to answer to big brother running the show. You could look out on Skidaway if you are set on a HOA.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:12 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,274,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannahxyz View Post
I just moved to Southbridge and wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!! Too much noise, covenants not complied with unethical Realitors. People parking 4-6 cars all over the lawns. Trash Cans not taken in on time. What a dump yet houses are 300-500K. Be careful what street you buy on because some sections don't have as many problems as others. I wanted a water view and was caught up in that not looking at the rest of what was happening on the street. In addition, I had a Realtor that was both listing and selling agent. Under GA law she was required to have a written statement signed by both of us acknowledging this; but, she didn't do it. Really bad experience and full of regret. DON'T BUY HERE!!!!!
It is surrounded on the north and west by two interstates, to the south by a dump, and to the east by another main road. Of course there is noise. Don't need a realtor, just Google Maps.

I looked at it when moving here. Being right off an interstate exit will be a positive for many. It is also next to a Library, the east side. So, there are some positives. High price point it seemed, when I looked. I am guessing they have a minimum house size? Do you have be part of the HOA?

Old 09-15-2017, 01:26 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
This is a 10 year old thread y'all ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area