Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 04:37 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times

Advertisements

Also consider Florida, but so many new peple
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
You confuse me: Being liberal doesn't mean you're not a Christian. It doesn't mean you don't "quote the bible". It doesn't mean you don't believe in family.

And BTW "older persons" (like me , I'm 99 years old.. go out at night, and drink... a lot.

So, what is it you would like to know??
Well, we are different kind of older persons. I did live in SF in the late 60s and 70s and did go out to dance bars all night long; however, now I like a quiet life. When I was young I never knew a Christian until I went to college, and the, at Sonoma Sate, met very very few, just one person I got to know from a class.
I have always had gender identity problems, mainly being very tall and have no real figure.

I do not mind being me, but it is hard when people are rude to me and that is common here. Your response seems to tell me you disapprove of me?

If California was not so expensive, I would move back there. I have considered Florida but now so many live there..

I am not so much different from most retired people outside of have some mental illness and looking weird

Please do not pick on me when all I an doing is politely asking for a little help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 05:29 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I am assuming there would be some suburban areas outside the city where it would be more liberal, compared to Dothan? Some parts like smaller towns with sidewalks where one could walk to town center.

I realize i am not going to find a San Fransisco liberal area anywhere in the South. Dothan is all family and very redneck ( check out roadshacks), extremely Christian, even bible quotes on physicians walls, it is all a bit too much for me! My hope is for a relative more tolerant area. My lifestyle is more like most older persons, not out at night, seldom drink and prefer daytime activities for exercise.

I could go into the city if a wanted more contact with gay people.
No I am talking about midtown Savannah around Abercorn & DeRenne, nice 50's type suburban neighborhood 10 minutes to downtown, shopping close by, walkable with sidewalks. Liberal area also, the city is pretty liberal, and the downtown area with the SCAD students very liberal.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:37 PM

It would be an area to look at, but on some sites, it showed some higher crime rates. What about Bloomingdale GA? It is a short drive to the city and it would be hard for me to imagine it as redneck christian as Dothan AL.

I have lived in Houston Missouri, population under 6,000 and it was not near as bible happy as Dothan.

If the cold winters did not make me feel so sick, I would like much of the Midwest. Florida seems too over populated and home insurance is very high, but income tax free. Georgia allows a $65,000 deduction to all seniors, over age 65, but I do not now if they offer property tax deductions?

Old 11-17-2017, 08:12 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,610,204 times
Quote:
It would be an area to look at, but on some sites, it showed some higher crime rates. What about Bloomingdale GA? It is a short drive to the city and it would be hard for me to imagine it as redneck christian as Dothan AL.

I have lived in Houston Missouri, population under 6,000 and it was not near as bible happy as Dothan.

If the cold winters did not make me feel so sick, I would like much of the Midwest. Florida seems too over populated and home insurance is very high, but income tax free. Georgia allows a $65,000 deduction to all seniors, over age 65, but I do not now if they offer property tax deductions?

There isn't a crime problem with midtown, there is some property crime but your going to get that everywhere in Savannah pretty much. There isn't an really isn't an area in midtown you wouldn't be afraid to walk to after dark. What influences the crime rate is it's in the middle of the shopping district for the majority of the city. The habersham area is also right there, it fits just about everything you are looking for. Come and check it out.

Bloomingdale is out of the city and in the middle of nowhere. Your 30 to 40 minutes from the city.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
There isn't a crime problem with midtown, there is some property crime but your going to get that everywhere in Savannah pretty much. There isn't an really isn't an area in midtown you wouldn't be afraid to walk to after dark. What influences the crime rate is it's in the middle of the shopping district for the majority of the city. The habersham area is also right there, it fits just about everything you are looking for. Come and check it out.

Bloomingdale is out of the city and in the middle of nowhere. Your 30 to 40 minutes from the city.
I will do like you say. If it is safe enough to walk at night and since I am only out during the day, it should be safe for me. Thank you!

I'll say this, here when I am in Dothan, most neighbors are in their 70s and always ignore me, because I always wear jeans and tennis shoes, with large sweatshirts. hate the nasty looks and ostracism

Old 12-16-2017, 02:22 PM

Please note. I am no longer allowing my niece to use my account. I agreed, yet did not expect her personal posting details. She need to open an email account and join in her own name.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:03 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
Quote:
Please note. I am no longer allowing my niece to use my account. I agreed, yet did not expect her personal posting details. She need to open an email account and join in her own name.

OK. I'm curious; Was you or your niece that posted about "Hebrew tribal gods" in the Religion forum?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area