Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 06:57 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,171,669 times

Advertisements

I figured I would create a thread highlighting all the new routes and development associated with the airport.
Quote:
Allegiant Air announced Wednesday that it will shift its Savannah flights from Akron-Canton to Cleveland, beginning in February, and increase the frequency from twice weekly to three days a week.

To mark the change, Allegiant will offer limited introductory one-way fares beginning at $58, including taxes and fees. Tickets must be purchased by Saturday for travel by May 16.

“We’re very excited to announce this major growth in northeast Ohio, a region that has demanded more low-cost, nonstop service to the wonderful vacation destinations we serve,” said Jude Bricker, Allegiant chief operating officer. “This move to Cleveland will allow Allegiant to have a stronger presence in northeast Ohio and allow us to offer our low fares and convenient travel to even more travelers.”

Allegiant will notify passengers who have existing reservations on the Akron-Canton route after Feb. 15, giving them the option to change their reservation to Cleveland or receive a full refund.
Allegiant shifts Savannah's Akron flights to Cleveland | BiS | Business in Savannah News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:48 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,938,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
I figured I would create a thread highlighting all the new routes and development associated with the airport.

Allegiant shifts Savannah's Akron flights to Cleveland | BiS | Business in Savannah News
Go figure!

Savannah now has direct flights to all 3 of the Ohio C's = Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland

Old 09-23-2016, 04:28 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,711,118 times
Probably on the way to Hilton Head GTW Plantations or Landings Secure Compound with bags of money they made at corporate giants in the Mid-west. Played golf a few weeks ago with retired father and his son (P+G)
that seemed to fit that mold. Good for him. I'm sure he earned it putting up with all the corporate bs and managed to survive.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:14 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,979,249 times
I'm honestly not sure why they started service in CAK anyway instead of CLE. It didn't make much sense to me as it's a much smaller market than Cleveland.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I'm honestly not sure why they started service in CAK anyway instead of CLE. It didn't make much sense to me as it's a much smaller market than Cleveland.
I'm guessing they didn't have a gate available or something at Cleveland or maybe were testing the market to see what kind of response they'd get before investing in a Cleveland route which I'm sure is more costly from
an airline fees standpoint than one at Akron.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I'm guessing they didn't have a gate available or something at Cleveland or maybe were testing the market to see what kind of response they'd get before investing in a Cleveland route which I'm sure is more costly from
an airline fees standpoint than one at Akron.
That sounds accurate for the most part. However, Cleveland airport has had ample room for a while.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:42 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,612,736 times
If you have ever been up there, it's a huge metro area. The airports are less than 50 minutes from each other so it's not that big of a shift if you live in the greater cleveland area.

Old 09-24-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
If you have ever been up there, it's a huge metro area. The airports are less than 50 minutes from each other so it's not that big of a shift if you live in the greater cleveland area.
I've been in both airports. That's why it struck me as odd that they'd choose Akron-Canton first over the larger Cleveland airport.

Allegiant is an oddball of an airline though. As long as they're maintaining a healthy revenue stream and demand is there, more power to 'em.

The more service in and out of SAV, the better.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I've been in both airports. That's why it struck me as odd that they'd choose Akron-Canton first over the larger Cleveland airport.

Allegiant is an oddball of an airline though. As long as they're maintaining a healthy revenue stream and demand is there, more power to 'em.

The more service in and out of SAV, the better.
Allegiant appears to be healthy and doing well, from what I've read. Their Savannah flights are full apparently though I've never flown them.

Did you hear JetBlue is finally entering the ATL market? That SAV got them before HJIA is pretty impressive IMO.

In a related note, I recently read in the Mobile forum that their airport is tanking big time -- even with the arrival of Airbus. Apparently a lot of people in south Alabama prefer driving to Pensacola or Biloxi for more options and cheaper rates. We here in Savannah are VERY fortunate!

Old 09-24-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Allegiant appears to be healthy and doing well, from what I've read. Their Savannah flights are full apparently though I've never flown them.

Did you hear JetBlue is finally entering the ATL market? That SAV got them before HJIA is pretty impressive IMO.

In a related note, I recently read in the Mobile forum that their airport is tanking big time -- even with the arrival of Airbus. Apparently a lot of people in south Alabama prefer driving to Pensacola or Biloxi for more options and cheaper rates. We here in Savannah are VERY fortunate!
Wasn't JetBlue in ATL years ago and then pulled out?

Yes, MOB is a very small airport and always will be. Mobile has other regional airports taking business away by proximity. Savannah doesn't have that problem. At least not as bad as it once was. JAX and CHS are farther away from SAV compared to MOB with GPT and PNS only an hour away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area