Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 8,869 times

Advertisements

Alright lets see let me just list what i am searching for and maybe you all can come up with some interesting answers for me...

I am a single 28yo male who has been living in the barracks at Fort Benning GA for the past 7 yrs..

I have recently been re-assigned to Fort Stewart and will be arriving around the last week of March/First week of April..

Now for the fun part... When i got the news that I was moving I decided to get educated on Fort Stewart and found out that because the barracks are so full there that i have to live off post.. with that being said i do not mind commuting from places like pooler or savannah.. i am just trying to find nice relatively modern appartment complex's/stand alone appartments/houses for rent in the 700-800 a month price range.. hopefully ones that will take into acount military over bad credit..

also looking for good places to find decent inexpensive furniture since i literally own none whatsoever.. pretty much i can move all my possesions in a small uhaul trailer and my jeep hehe..

hopefully you will all be able to point me in the right direction and also what places to avoid..

Thanks,

SGT Fort Stewart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 07:53 AM

236 posts, read 698,470 times
28 and single....If you don't want to live in Hinesville, I would recommend Statesboro over Savannah. The road is lightly travelled. The college brings a lot of youth to the town. It's pretty cheap and you'd be around a lot of students. It might even motivate you to go to school...finish a degree...get a commission. There are tons of apartment complexes and houses for rent that would be very nice for the price you're talking.

Thanks for your service. Let us know what you decide.

Michael

Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 AM

22 posts, read 53,913 times
The Georgetown area would be a good place to start. Pretty much every single JR Officer I knew lived there when I was at stewart.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:25 PM

244 posts, read 865,362 times
Savannah is an awfully long commute...at least 45 minutes or so one way..and Pooler is not much better. Have you thought about how early you would have to leave in the morning to make first formation if you lived that far away? As slow as Hinesville can be, we do not regret our decision to live there when we were stationed at Ft. Stewart. We lived in a complex on Hwy 84 called Link Terrace. It was just a skip and a hop from General Screven Way which takes you right to the base and it was convenient to everything. I don't know what it's like now but back then, it was a small, quiet (as long as you didn't have an apt. facing the hwy), clean, and well-managed complex. We saved Savannah for the weekends. I suggest a visit to the area to check things out for yourself.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 PM

165 posts, read 507,511 times
Savannah and Pooler are quite a commute, as stated above. Contact this realty company in Midway (just outside of Hinesville) and they might can help you out with the area.

Granted, I no nothing about the company, but I drive by there everyday and see their office, so I thought of them when you asked for help.

Hope they can help!

Islands Real Estate and Appraisal Company

Old 04-07-2009, 02:00 PM

10 posts, read 37,788 times
if you are still looking for a place i am a real estate agent in the area.. contact me and i can try to help you 912-682-9866

Old 04-08-2009, 03:34 PM

737 posts, read 2,459,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencarter View Post
if you are still looking for a place i am a real estate agent in the area.. contact me and i can try to help you 912-682-9866
Keep trolling.
You'll catch one sooner or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Savannah area