Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 07:43 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,051,116 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here have Time Warner's services for their cable TV~? This past morning, I turned on one of the small TV's and it was scrambled so badly as well as the voice. The lady giving the weather report moved over and half her skirt and body remained on the other side~! I also had scrambling on the other TVs too. A friend of mine told me to reprogram the channels, so I did. Now on one small TV I don't have any cable channels and very few which are odd numbers like 21.1 which never was a channel. The other small TV of the same brand did the same thing with scrambling but didn't when I reprogrammed the cable channels stayed the same. Scramble is worse as well as scrambled sound and it keeps going out and saying no signal. The big TV has a box and it had messages of no signal or a black picture with info below. And when I pushed the menu button, a huge dialogue of info appeared that said it wasn't available. So, I tried to reprogram the cable channels of the big TV and the dialogue box is still there and won't change no matter what you push, and that was like 5 hours ago~? Time Warner can't come out till Sunday. And then a neighbor called me like 4 hours ago and I kept saying "hello" and no connection to the phone services I have with Time Warner. What do y'all think is going on~? There is no outages in my neighborhood and my next door neighbor has TV services. I've unplugged cords and re-plugged, but nothing helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Did you try this:

Support for TV Troubleshooting | Time Warner Cable

Old 04-29-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Thanks I didn't know about that~! And for some odd reason the TVs are working, for the most part. One is confused tho, like I press 3 which automatically usually goes to 3.1 for WAVE (NBC) but it jumps to 3.5~? Could the TV be going out permanently~?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 PM

Have that TV scan for channels.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:17 PM

Should I cancel my appointment I have with them for Sunday~?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:25 PM

You may want them to still come out so they can test signal strength from their distribution box into your house. They may need to replace a splitter that may be going bad, cable connectors that no longer make a complete connection or maybe a cable wire that has gone bad.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You may want them to still come out so they can test signal strength from their distribution box into your house. They may need to replace a splitter that may be going bad, cable connectors that no longer make a complete connection or maybe a cable wire that has gone bad.

Before you posted this, I decided to keep the appointment. One TV isn't acting right. But it could act up again. This is the first time this has happened. Just out of the blue this occurred.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:24 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,224,622 times
You really should call time warner instead of taking advice from people on here who really can't do anything to fix the problem.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
You really should call time warner instead of taking advice from people on here who really can't do anything to fix the problem.

I know that I have an appointment with Time Warner on Sunday

Old 05-02-2016, 03:54 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,482,440 times
Most of the digital channels require a cable box. Only the free digital channels such as QVC are unscrambled. That is by design, although I've seen some (newer) TV's do a better job at de-scrambling . If you have an older TV or tuner there it may be more of a problem. TWC will always want to charge you more money so that you are forced to rent a cable box. This has been my experience. I don't know much about your specific situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology