Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2017, 01:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,329 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have alternate personalities and well...as my title states, I wanted to know if they could get their own bodies? Like have scientists found a way to take the personality out and give them their own bodies? I'm questioning it because my best friend and one of the alters I have have fallen for each other and I've never seen her act that way before. She's always so happy to be with him and he's happy to. It would kill me if they couldn't be together in a way that wouldn't be...weird to others. I just want them to be happy and I think that scientists should at least look into it...maybe :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 03:49 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Welcome to city-data

Im not sure about that.... Do you often find yourself talking to yourself?

Please do tell us more my friend!!

Old 02-12-2017, 04:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,329 times
Thank you for welcoming me.
I do talk to myself actually. I also answer myself and forget some details about when I was younger. xP That's Danica's fault though. She's my dominate personality. Vincent is the other one that I was talking about in my post. I have more, but they are not as dominate as those two.

Anyway. I was thinking that it's proven that some people with DID have different thoughts, processes, knowledge, brain activity among other things so couldn't scientists use that to try and give the personality their own body? I mean, some alters can be cramped and attempt to change the main person's body to their choosing. If the technology existed to separate the personality from the main and give them their own body then they wouldn't hurt the main body and be able to live their own life non tied down to how they dont want to look. I know Danica is close to me in appearance wise, but Vincent is the complete opposite. He sees himself as lean, athletic, and the average height of males and he hates that Im so small because then he feels restrained when trying to spend time with my best friend.

I know this all sounds like something out of a scy-fi movie, but it would help a TON of people most likely if it existed. :/

Old 02-12-2017, 05:02 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
You are talking about a personality transplant into a new brain and body. Where do you expect this fully functional brain and body to come from?

Old 02-12-2017, 09:26 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerose86
I do talk to myself actually.
I do also.....Quite a bit!!!!!!!! -- I figure the spirits around me are listening

Old 02-12-2017, 10:13 PM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerose86 View Post
Thank you for welcoming me.
I do talk to myself actually. I also answer myself and forget some details about when I was younger. xP That's Danica's fault though. She's my dominate personality. Vincent is the other one that I was talking about in my post. I have more, but they are not as dominate as those two.

Anyway. I was thinking that it's proven that some people with DID have different thoughts, processes, knowledge, brain activity among other things so couldn't scientists use that to try and give the personality their own body? I mean, some alters can be cramped and attempt to change the main person's body to their choosing. If the technology existed to separate the personality from the main and give them their own body then they wouldn't hurt the main body and be able to live their own life non tied down to how they dont want to look. I know Danica is close to me in appearance wise, but Vincent is the complete opposite. He sees himself as lean, athletic, and the average height of males and he hates that Im so small because then he feels restrained when trying to spend time with my best friend.

I know this all sounds like something out of a scy-fi movie, but it would help a TON of people most likely if it existed. :/
The idea is unrealistic. In any event, what you are suggesting is excising (really killing) one personality within the brain, with the hope of moving it elsewhere. Look at it this way:

If I was to suggest that you could write down everything about yourself, and have a computer system observe you completely, so that you could create an exact copy of yourself complete with your attitudes and feelings within a computer program, would you then be willing to let me shoot you? The essence that is you resides in you. A copy is just a copy.

The better path is to re-integrate personalities so that neither or none have to cease existing, but they meld into a greater whole that can have more ability to deal with the world and have greater understanding. It is much gentler and has a better chance of success. I've worked with multiples before, I've had extremely close relations with a multiple. Not knowing what is going on consistently is a heavy burden and disability that usually does not end well.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:53 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
If this is real I suggest you get help. Mental illness is no laughing matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology