Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:09 AM

27 posts, read 111,009 times

Advertisements

I moved here a month ago... I live in a building with 80 apartments and I never see anyone in the elevator/mailroom/laundry room.. it's cold and it gets dark at 4pm...

I have met a few people who, when i tell them I'm neither into bars or coffee, remark "oh, you moved to the wrong city then"

People say that you can't be bored in Seattle, because there's so much to do, but clearly you must KNOW the city first, before you find out all there is.

So tell me.. Aside from museums and touristy things, what's a girl to do? God, i think I may get a job in order to meet people... and no one wants that.

I'm not into exercise, so I won't join a gym or a running club.. I mean.. People here seem so helpful and kind, but man is everyone living in their own private idaho or what?

I should get a job, I could use the extra income to become a junkie.. now those people look like fun!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:55 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,731,584 times
So, have they explained what a world class city Seattle is?
If you missed out, here's the link http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...rld-class.html

There is a university! And a zoo! And dear lord the vegetable market which is not_to_be_missed.

After that.....ummm.....mountains and water and......ummm.....the library, and uh....a sculpture park! Yes, where the signs say: no smoking, no drinking, no camping, no cooking, no music, no skateboarding, no open fires, no loitering. But it is parkish.

And then there's.....ummm....uh, whales? Do you like whales?

Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
Boredom is a state of mind and has little to do with where you live. Join a club of some sort or get into activities that you normally wouldn't do. Go on a fishing trip or get into rock hounding, get a hobby ! Get into kayaking or hiking. Volunteer for some type of community service and you will meet people and your boredom will soon fade away. Good luck to you !

Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,778,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarIsMyPimp View Post
I moved here a month ago... I live in a building with 80 apartments and I never see anyone in the elevator/mailroom/laundry room.. it's cold and it gets dark at 4pm...

I have met a few people who, when i tell them I'm neither into bars or coffee, remark "oh, you moved to the wrong city then"

People say that you can't be bored in Seattle, because there's so much to do, but clearly you must KNOW the city first, before you find out all there is.

So tell me.. Aside from museums and touristy things, what's a girl to do? God, i think I may get a job in order to meet people... and no one wants that.

I'm not into exercise, so I won't join a gym or a running club.. I mean.. People here seem so helpful and kind, but man is everyone living in their own private idaho or what?

I should get a job, I could use the extra income to become a junkie.. now those people look like fun!
Let's see, you hate hanging out in coffeeshops, going to museums, visiting tourist destinations, gyms, exercising, working, and going out to bars. I'd be fascinated to know what you would do in any other city.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 37,433 times
There are lots of outdoor activities; Biking, hiking, kayacking is great here, boating (find a friend with one or join a club), skiing in the winter, etc. I SCUBA dive, there's a large dive community in the area.

You can take your pick of nice malls if that's your thing. There's horse racing in Auburn at Emerald Downs and car races at Pacific Raceways.

I guess it would help if you told us what you ARE interested in so we can an help point you in the right direction.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,600,241 times
Azoria I seem to recall you getting thoroughly owned in that thread.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:56 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,706,292 times
Go hiking and biking in the cold rain!! Just wait - this is only November! Wait, til May - when it's still in the 50s and raining!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:19 PM

Here's the extended forecast CityGirl, it actually doesn't look too bad:

AccuWeather.com - Seattle, WA - 15 Day Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts (http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/seattle/98101/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1& metric=0 - broken link)

Old 11-20-2008, 12:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
boredom comes from lack of any real occupation.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarIsMyPimp View Post

Well, heroin is known as an excellent weight loss supplement, so that takes care of your fitness avoidance preference right there. Also, being incredibly high turns even the most moribund activity into an entertaining Fun Land. As an alternative, consider blow as well.

Last edited by toughguy; 11-20-2008 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area