Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:14 PM

8,953 posts, read 20,732,422 times

Advertisements

There is a topic that seldom , if ever, gets discussed since the public has the assumption that U.S. troops will be used in times of trouble. That is NOT true in all cases.

All had better consider the use of foreign mercenaries on U.S. soil.

Jeremy Scahill: Blackwater Founder Creating Private Army of 'Christian Crusaders' in the Persian Gulf | | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 07:36 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,532,909 times
Tightwad,

Don't overlook the possibility of American mercenaries used on American soil. After all, in its heyday Blackwater was trying to set up training & operational bases in several parts of the country.

Semper Paratus, bro, Semper Paratus. (And no, I wasn't a Coastie.)

-- Nighteyes

Old 05-22-2011, 08:43 PM

5,509 posts, read 5,256,712 times
I'm wondering if the reason Washington is constantly making up new reasons that we have to start even more foreign wars is that they want PLENTY of military personnel to use to subjugate American citizens when our economy inevitably collapses. They know we won't be happy when we are starving in the streets as a direct result of the catastrophic fiscal malfeasance of our elected leaders.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:59 PM

5,727 posts, read 10,153,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Tightwad,

Don't overlook the possibility of American mercenaries used on American soil. After all, in its heyday Blackwater was trying to set up training & operational bases in several parts of the country.

-- Nighteyes

Yeeeea, the VAST majority of those "Mercenaries" Are former Vets who are MUCH more patriotic than 99% of the people you encounter every day!

Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Yeeeea, the VAST majority of those "Mercenaries" Are former Vets who are MUCH more patriotic than 99% of the people you encounter every day!
I hope you're correct. Still, based on what I've observed I trust you won't be offended if I think otherwise. And by the way, there are no "former Vets". Once a Vet, always a Vet. Also, Vets are just as varied in beliefs, political leanings and other things as the rest of the population. In other words, Vets as a group are just as full of sh*t as any other group.

-- Nighteyes (a Vet)

Old 05-22-2011, 10:08 PM

5,727 posts, read 10,153,938 times
Quote:
I hope you're correct. Still, based on what I've observed I trust you won't be offended if I think otherwise. And by the way, there are no "former Vets". Once a Vet, always a Vet. Also, Vets are just as varied in beliefs, political leanings and other things as the rest of the population. In other words, Vets as a group are just as full of sh*t as any other group.

-- Nighteyes (a Vet)
Some fair points, but must disagree there, Your welfare slugs vs people who put their lives on the line....

And, lots of the CONTRACTORS (Different than "Mercenaries") are not even 'Ordinary troops'... Your Basic Ranger, or Recon Marine etc tends to be (JMHO) Slightly more patriotic than your run of the mill American...

(In the interest of disclosure, I've worked a little myself, just turned on a buddy of mine to a job I was offered guarding FEMA in Southern La... wans't enough money for me to Skip Summer School ($8K for a month)
-I'm on a schedule to graduate.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,047,556 times
Quote:
Tightwad,

-- Nighteyes
And those training facilites were open to members of the general public if they had a clean record and were willing/able to fork over the fee for the associated class. The problem with that was what exactly?

So, are all private contractors now considered mercenaries by the OP?

I know this won't be popular but I'd suggest that the organization formerly known as Blackwater fits under the title of "foreign volunteer" rather than mercenary army. However, that would not fit the author linked by the OP and his wish to sell his book with the word mercenary in the label now would it?

Can anyone not recognize that this article is agenda driven?

Now, to get back on subject I suggest the OP consider the agreement signed by the US with Mexico and Canada and look in that direction, as well as blue helmets, if he wants to go down the road of foreign forces on US soil working agains US citizens. They;ll only be required once the world bankers lose control and crash the currency.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,335,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post

There seems to be two ways to view the Constitution--

1. As being a document of the people, for the people and by the people.

2. Those in power can do what they want (King George II wire taps)

Usually the folks of the second opinion see those of the first as less than patriotic..

YOU ARE EITHER FOR US OR YOU ARE AGAINST US...

Kind of like using the bible to justify war, hate, and other forms of deamonization...

Old 05-23-2011, 05:05 PM

8,953 posts, read 20,732,422 times
Quote:
Tightwad,

-- Nighteyes
Do not ever forget that ANY mercenaries ,or contractor,is loyal only to who pays them at the time. U.S. military, on the other hand, take an oath to protect America against ALL enemies foreign or domestic. Mercenaries are only loyal to the money.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
2. Those in power can do what they want (King George II wire taps)

Usually the folks of the second opinion see those of the first as less than patriotic..

YOU ARE EITHER FOR US OR YOU ARE AGAINST US...
And, as we all know, "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
-- Obi Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode Three - Revenge of the Sith
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness