Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 AM

13,722 posts, read 10,083,683 times

Advertisements

For those of you that use generators, I just thought I would bring this up.

Plus a few other things to think about;

Hints & Tips

http://www.voc.uk.com/net/docs/6.3/6.3-623-12.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,020,821 times
Aye Mate the petrol indeed can go bad. but bring this news to the USA from Sydney AUS is pretty funny...
Oh well you mean well....

In the states we have 10% ethanol added which really messes with the gas and can eat rubber fuel lines turning them into goo a really nasty black goo, I am taking a big goo ball and no more fuel line type of goo.

This is most typical in 2 stoke lawn mowers and chainsaws, weed and leaf blowers too.

And of course out all knowing baboons in the EPA are seeking 15% ethanol too boot, for which no engine has yet been biolt to run this substance period.

The 10% is bad enough and should be banned from any market.

That 10% makes for a overly lean mixture Fuel to air mix, and can and will ruin a 2 stroke eatting up the piston and scoring the cylinder bore to kill the engine dead. I know because I do sometimes earn cash for replacing these parts I call bottle caps.

In 4 stroke engines it's not as bad, it just robs you of 10% power and 10 economy, meaning it is a lose loose fuel where no gain not even cleaner air is the end product and the whole of it is a govt scam and a govt cheat, and I can prove it.

Alas no one will listen.. But here i can still buy real gasoline in limited locations.

Also we have some fine fuel additives that work very well to assist in longer term fuel storage. One called Seafoam works well and was designed in the 40's for 2 stroke engines.

Another in the states any way is 'Stable' which works well in both fuels for 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines. This one can keep fuel fresher for many months to exceed label data.

Last year another i liked came on the market, and at this instant I forget it's brand name but i will be needing it soon.
Winter comes here and some machines get stored for over winter while others are just coming back on line now.

If you never had a thing to add it would be best to fill up the gas tank to the cap, so as to allow as little air space as possible.

Reduction of air space is critical to storing fuels long term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness