Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:16 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,631,150 times

Advertisements

One word -- TRANCE!

I listen to online, at Tunein Amsterdam's Zug Trance station online, while working here & it really readies me. I guess my late 80s/early 90s dance clubs music is still my fave to hear today to motivate... Ahh the girls & ladies we met then...

How 'bout you Preppers/Patriots/Self-sufficients?... or whatever ya call yourselves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 06:37 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,498,185 times
I have some classical CDs in the truck. Nobody else can stand them, so that's where I listen to them. I'd probably get thrown out of the house, otherwise!

It's actually kinda fun plowing snow to Beethoven's Pastorale (6th symphony). I usually wait for the crescendo before ramming into the bigger drifts! Snow flying all over the place...it gets really dramatic sometimes!

Old 03-05-2017, 06:57 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,631,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
I have some classical CDs in the truck. Nobody else can stand them, so that's where I listen to them. I'd probably get thrown out of the house, otherwise!

It's actually kinda fun plowing snow to Beethoven's Pastorale (6th symphony). I usually wait for the crescendo before ramming into the bigger drifts! Snow flying all over the place...it gets really dramatic sometimes!
Hahahahaaaaa!!!

I LOVE MOZART when chillin' tho too as classical is THE best to relax at night. Funny you say this as I every night listen to classical else I not sleep. Trance to keep me in the daytime "zone" but good old Skynryd, etc. classic rock to unwind after a hard day & eating dinner, but bedtime = MOZART... Beethoven is awesome too, as is Chopin & Vivaldi... man this is what I shoulda been... a DJ... lol...

Old 03-06-2017, 09:49 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,311,561 times
Agree that classical music is great while driving in snow.

Anemia by Tool is great for getting work done and fantasizing about L.A. falling into the ocean. Pretty much any tool album in its entirety works for me.

Let the bodies hit the floor by drowning pool is also a great song to prepare for the zombie apocalypse to.

For all other times, Johnny cash, blues and classic rock.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:13 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,592,381 times
More a Tchaikovsky fan, but Beethoven and Bach are good as well, especially when working in the forge.
Mostly I listen to 50's and 80's classic pop and rock when driving, but at home I'm more likely to listen to bluegrass as that's what I play on my fiddle.

Old 07-25-2017, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,249 times
Lindsey Stirling - don't ask me why but it energizes and inspires me

Old 07-26-2017, 07:05 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,276,688 times
Wow. Must be something in the water... I like country, Waylon, Willie, Merle and others of that era. But I like classical, too(like MTSilvertip, I like Tchaikovsky more, but Mozart and others are good too). That said, Drowning Pool, Motley Crue and some others have songs I would use as music to load magazines to or for similar times...

Old 07-26-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Wow. Must be something in the water... I like country, Waylon, Willie, Merle and others of that era. But I like classical, too(like MTSilvertip, I like Tchaikovsky more, but Mozart and others are good too). That said, Drowning Pool, Motley Crue and some others have songs I would use as music to load magazines to or for similar times...
I guess it just depends on what you're doing. I love Alice in Chains, "Rooster" as a prepper song, but tunes like Drowning Pool's "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" and just about anything from ACDC are hard to beat when you're banging away in the shop on steel.

I loved Waylon back in the day, the Outlaws, never was a real Willie fan, but it's hard to beat Charlie Daniels. That's the music I listen to when reloading or making arrows or whatever.

Love that You-Tube

Old 07-26-2017, 10:38 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,498,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
... but at home I'm more likely to listen to bluegrass as that's what I play on my fiddle.
Just love some vintage Lester Flatt / Earl Scruugs (of 60s "Beverly Hillbillies" fame) playing "Foggy Mountain Breakdaown". Ol' Earl and his banjo goin' 90 miles an hour on that thing! There's a whole method of banjo pickin' called The Scruggs Method, and just about all banjo players use it nowadays.

Yee-Haw!!

Old 07-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Just love some vintage Lester Flatt / Earl Scruugs (of 60s "Beverly Hillbillies" fame) playing "Foggy Mountain Breakdaown". Ol' Earl and his banjo goin' 90 miles an hour on that thing! There's a whole method of banjo pickin' called The Scruggs Method, and just about all banjo players use it nowadays.

Yee-Haw!!
Fantastic stuff! Scruggs basically perfected the 5 string banjo. The real old style was the 4 string banjo played either by strumming as a rythmic backup, or clawhammer style as lead.
Grandpa Jones and StringBean were both masters of clawhammer.

Good bluegrass tunes like The Devil's Dream, Hell Among the Heifers, Ashokan Farewell, Liberty at the Still, Flop Eared Mule, those are some tune that just lend themselves to being played or listened to while up at the cabin, sitting on the porch in the evening with a good beverage, life just doesn't get much better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness