Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
They gonna do that to the entire population that won't give up their property?
Even now, it happens.

Not to the entire population.

But a few here, a few there. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 09:47 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
Obama views the illegals as votes, he doesn't have cajones to throw them out.
Eisenhow did have the guts to. Look up "operation ___________" (fill in what people crossing the rio Grande used to be called... seriously!) 2 other presidents did it before him.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
This should be interesting, and how do you propose to stop them?

The government took my grandfather's farm from him.

A judge banged a gavel, sheriffs locked him up, drug him away, and days later he was 'released' from lock-up. His farm was no longer his. The house and barn had been bulldozed.

Years later a development corporation bought it and today it has all been sub-divided into tract homes.

When the government wants your stuff, the government takes your stuff.

Yelling only makes your throat hoarse.

Shooting? good luck with that.

the judge took it away from him, in a time of almost no goverment, the judge would more than likely get a noose around his neck doing such a thing.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the judge took it away from him, in a time of almost no goverment, the judge would more than likely get a noose around his neck doing such a thing.
A judge getting hanged would require a large group of 'ole boys' in opposition to the judge.

In my grandfathers case, in the early 70's, a 3-county 'water district' was planning on expanding an irrigation reservoir, called 'Don Pedro'. They condemned and Eminent Domain'ed a 20-mile radius from the existing reservoir. It was about land speculation and how much the land would be worth after the new reservoir was in place.

The 'Water District' commissioners made lots of money as did the developers, and possibly the judge.

At the time, my grandfather was a lone hermit by himself with no network of 'ole boys' to assist.

The point being that so long as judges and courts exist, so long as Law Enforcement exists, and so long as commissions exist; there is already this network of guys with weapons and 'Authority'.

During the Depression both sets of my grandparents had farms and both of those farms were lost to banks. In both of those cases even though money had collapsed, banks still existed. Courts still existed, and LEO still existed. Banks could apply to the courts and LEO would show up and remove farmers from their farms.

Yes, one of my grandfathers had the distinction of loosing two farms to court rulings; one during the Dust Bowl in the 30's in Oklahoma and again in the 70's in California. My other grandfather only had one farm taken from him.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
As far as new currency was concerned, the last G8 Summit meeting was given a sample of what it will look like and this is already been planned and executed. See this article and the links there. They are planning to launch it in a couple of years time. Makes you think that it is only a matter of time before we are all one big happy family.....
New World Currency Sample Coin Given to G8 Summit Members

I really do not think the government will battle it out with the people, so all of you getting gung-ho about using your F16s you will be disappointed. What is more likely is that they will put something stronger in the water supply (something stronger than they are already using) to make resistance impossible. Like a nation on ganja - all chilled out and ready for sheparding into camps or whatever. Peace man.....have some more weed.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,998 times
Quote:
Believe it or not there are still Americans out there that won't just give up their rights or property just because the government says they should, any gold, guns, property etc that I paid for is mine, I could care less what the government says, they will not be getting it.
We can always join a militia and take over the government.....according to the Constitution. Isn't that how we formed the pathetic government that we now have? I say we scrap the whole mess and start over.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,752 times
Quote:
You would be correct, and there are allot more armed citizens than armed government, so we know the outcome.

Oh, please, the american people are the most cowed and fearful in the world,
nothing would make them revolt.
The "over my dead body " crowd will be the first to turn them in.

BTW, how do you like your Gold , fried or boiled?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 AM

We had an armed population when Wilson handed away control on our nation's monetary system.

We had an armed citizenry when Roosevelt confiscated gold.

We had an armed population when, ...

The idea that an armed population is good for protecting us from the government, is a good idea.

During the 1770's it made sense, and since it made sense, it was included into our bill of rights.

I just do not that they could have imagined the extent to which our people have willingly allowed our rights to be stripped away.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
We had an armed population when Wilson handed away control on our nation's monetary system.

We had an armed citizenry when Roosevelt confiscated gold.

We had an armed population when, ...

The idea that an armed population is good for protecting us from the government, is a good idea.

During the 1770's it made sense, and since it made sense, it was included into our bill of rights.

I just do not that they could have imagined the extent to which our people have willingly allowed our rights to be stripped away.
What they NEVER could have imagined is an Empire stretching from Maine to Guam, from Puerto Rico to the Arctic Circle-with a population of 350 million, being called a country.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 PM

851 posts, read 3,627,125 times
Gold represents very little wealth nowadays. Hardly anybody heard of gold. I highly doubt the government would confiscate gold but it's very possible they make private gold trade illegal.

The thought that when the government confiscating firearm, there would be civil war. Well, I can assure you that is NOT going to happen - read some history. Most people are sheeple. You herd, they walk, even the direction is a slaughter house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness